Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runner-up Best Fix Ever

So I was called to lane 5 tonight and noticed that the back row was spotting a bit forward.

Upon closer inspection, I found that a ******-rig I'd made months ago is finally beginning to fail.

Back then, back pins were falling over during spotting. The tie link (2612) holes had gotten all ovalled-out around the bushings.
    We were out of spare tie links at the time so I cut out little strips of Vantage parts bags and wrapped them around the bushings, then pressed my bushing-plastic assembly through the oval hole in the tie link. Did this for the back two rows. The 3rd row is still solid. Only the back row has gotten a little sloppy.

I made copious notes in the log and forgot about it, figuring the head mech would replace the link when we got new ones.

Well, he didn't and the little trick has worked for a long time!
    Tonight, I just adjusted the cups so the pins are on-spot. No calls about it yet. We'll see how long it takes before the pins start falling over again.

Just thought I'd share - a fix that could cost $20 or could cost $0!

C

Re: Runner-up Best Fix Ever

MT, you've got some pull at Vantage; tell them that their bags aren't holding up and they need to look into it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Mike
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I'll bring that up first thing monday.
      BTW, AMF bags are similar. Try those if you run into this problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Always best to go OEM. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

(Unless it was a Vantage tie link to begin with! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Use bubble gum instead of a wrapper...it gets hard like JB weld.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X