Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzy questions

first off i'd like to thank you amf guys for helping out a brunswick mechanic as much as you guys have in the past. i'm starting to feel comfortable on these machines but it's been a long tough road teaching myself(aside from what i read here at BT). but i have a few distributor questions . these are small nagging problems that i've been having, that i just can't seem to figure out.
    1) i've been getting this black build-up on the rear belt roller on the carriage assembly. the stuff is almost like tar paper. i'm guessing it's dirt and oil build up coming from the top side of the belt? i'm using the stahl's thick belt. it's happening all across the house. i just ordered pan wipes to see if that'll help.
    2) on one machine when the distributor is at the 7 and 10 position the belt hestitates. like a warped record(slow-fast-slow-fast). i can see the clutch doing it as well it's just more noticable on the belt. i rebuilt the clutch(all seemed well) replaced the u-joint, drive shaft and housing bearings. but to no avail. it's not causing stops, it just has me baffled.
    3)when the distributor goes from the 8 to the 5 position the carriage assembly "slams" and trips the index fingers causing the dizzy to skip the 5 and create a pile-up. i have one doing it when the dizzy goes from the 5 to the 6 position. am i just missing something stupid here? i've tried replacing the torsion spring for the fingers but all of the one i've received apply too much pressure and won't let the pins over the fingers.
    4)i've noticed that when ever the belt goes over the rear roller on the carriage assembly, the carriage jumps back an inch or two. it doesn't seem to causing a problem that i'm aware of but it is annoying. again i'm using the stahl's grabber belt.

sorry for being so long winded, but i'm just having too many b.s. problems at this center. i'm having a hard time doing what needs to be done because of them. thanks in advance for your help

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: dizzy questions

I have not found any belts that do not leave the black goo on the rear roller.....just scrape off the black stuff with a putty knife.

Depending on which belts you use....the linear spring will need adjustment.....just like a long turret belt spring....if the carriage hesitates after adjusting the eccentric rollers (leave a little loose) then you need to add an extra spring.....it needs to be stretched as to not have 2 full springs on the carriage.

If the carriage slams at the 8 to 5 or 5 to 6 causing "multiple indexing" only use one spring and stretch it so it does not apply so much pressure.

I have never seen a belt stop or hesitate unless it is too long...check the belt to see that it isn't rubbing the casting at the tensioner...

The carriage jump at rear roller from the splice comes from the thick belt.

Jerry

Comment

shamefowjze: I only have time for one problem this morning.
      3)when the distributor goes from the 8 to the 5 position the carriage assembly "slams" and trips the index fingers causing the dizzy to skip the 5 and create a pile-up. i have one doing it when the dizzy goes from the 5 to the 6 position. am i just missing something stupid here? i've tried replacing the torsion spring for the fingers but all of the one i've received apply too much pressure and won't let the pins over the fingers.

Index lever torsion spring can be weakened or strengthened by uncoiling or coiling it just a little using a pair of channel locks and needle nosed pliers.

The bin skip problem is caused by trip rod adj, carriage rollers adj, or usually the combination of the two.

I'm not sure if you have the old or new style trip rod but your rod must be set light enough to ensure proper index lever tension (can be checked with index spring disengaged) yet rigid enough to endure the impact of the clutch plate as it spins around to each bin position.

There must be no freeplay in the trip rod. I will assume you have the ass'y with the nylon washer. While reassembling these parts you will notise that the bushing is a little longer then the support casting bushing housing. A nylon washer must go on before the metal washer and while tightening this ass'y you will actually see the nylon washer mushroom over the bushing and contact the trip rod support casting. Keep tightening until you have no freeplay yet the rod still moves up and down smoothly.

This process ensures that you have a rigid trip rod to catch the clutch plate. If you have free play, the trip rod will move forward and if your rollers aren't set perfectly, the clutch plate will slip right under during the contact.

If you do not have the nylon washers then you must leave a small amount of freeplay until you can get some in.

I hope this helps as I am out of time.
      Mike
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze:

i've noticed that when ever the belt goes over the rear roller on the carriage assembly, the carriage jumps back an inch or two. it doesn't seem to causing a problem that i'm aware of but it is annoying. again i'm using the stahl's grabber belt.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have seen this happen on the Stahls rough top orange belt. What happens is, the spot where the laces go is ground down skinnier so the laces fit better. Every time the skinnier laces section goes around the "S" turn on the distributor pulleys, it causes the distributor to jerk back an inch or two. Usually noticeable when the distributor is at the 1 pin. It has not caused any apparent problems and we have not attempted to find a solution for it. I do not know if this is the same thing that is happening to you?

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

The DYNA-GRIP belt from Lane Dymamix leaves no goo. Nope. Not none. Honest.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X