Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table cycle not finishing

I have a machine that on first ball it cycles, picks up pins, rakes, but doesn't put the pins back down. It just holds them in the air. It's not waiting for a new set of pins cause the bin is full, so its not a strike detection. I solve this by lifting the table finger switch on the front of the machine and the cycle finishes, rake goes up. It happens about 3-5 times a night. Any sugestions?

Re: table cycle not finishing

First thing I would check is my pawl clearance.

Sounds like you do not have enough clearance and the pawl will not always slip by the link when the table is coming back up.

Also check your shaft that holds the ass'y together and made sure it isn't moving.

I see that the new books refer to the pawl as a respot finger and finger spring.

Can anyone elaborate on the change and why?
    Mike
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

The way he described it, it sounds like the table never even goes back down to let go of the pins. It just picks them up and stops, as if it were a strike cycle (which he has already deduced that it isn't). This suggests that the problem is not in the pawl adjustment? I'm not sure what you mean by a "table finger switch"??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Unless you mean the TA1 cam follower. Anyway, it sounds kind of weird. The first thing I would do is change the chassis or switch with another machine and see if the problem switches with it. I'm not sure what else it could be since I'm not a professional 70 mechanic like King or Mike [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] .

Just my 2.38749 Cents. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

I agree with Mike.....for the sweep to go back up it must finish the cycle.....so the TB cam makes the sweep go up....

I would check for:
        1. Binding respot cells.
        2. Bent wireways.
        3. *Shifter link adjustment*

My guess is the cells are closing too completely.
        The book says back the screw out 4 turns I believe.

I adjust it so the cells have 1/8 play in the end of the finger slots when completely closed. This is there the bolt attaches them to the cell castings.

Jerry

Comment

Sounds electrical to me... check your offspot switch and wiring for shorts.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If the machine is on second ball when you get there it probably is offspot switch or wires as g-man said.

Comment

Opps , I misread Turn-A-Wrench's post. If the problem is what you've described then your problem is electrical.

If the problem doesn't remedy itself by changing the chassis, then you should look for chafing in the off-spot wiring. But, if the sweep runs through that should eliminate the off-spot circuit.

Check your timing

Take some WD-40 and clean your microswitch buttons. Sometimes they get dust inside and hang up.

It has been a while since I have had table wiring; make sure your table plug is well seated.
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

thanks all I will try these things. Also yes the table is staying up. I forgot about the offspot switch thing and the table finger is the TA1 (I think). I'm still learning and am trying to learn names of things. Thanks again. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh by the way, What is a "pawl". for future refference?

Comment

A pawl is Ed's (Sponge Bob's) hands.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                      A pawl is Ed's (Sponge Bob's) hands.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a-pawl-ling. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

For the record,
                      Merriam-Webster dictionary Online defines a pawl as:

"a pivoted tongue or sliding bolt on one part of a machine that is adapted to fall into notches or interdental spaces on another part (as a ratchet wheel) so as to permit motion in only one direction".

Comment

Originally posted by Turn-A-Wrench:
                        Oh by the way, What is a "pawl". for future refference?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In pinspotter terms, the pawl is the little springy thing on the left hand front part of the table that opens and closes the fingers by coming in contact with the "batman" cam. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                        Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Immediate thoughts I got was the offspot switch possibly being bad, or the 2 small bearings in the table drive clevis (the ones with only a sleeve on one side of the bearing) we've had this a few times that turned out to be those bearings. Check them babies out and make sure they're still good [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

its in the offspot system. Disconnect the wires on the offspot switch that should do it. Most likely a bad switch. I had that same problem on lane 9.

Comment

1. SB adjustment at 186*
                              2. Loose 26419 housing or 26042 switch
                              3. OS switch or wiring gone to hell
                              4. 048 output or 1699 table shaft teeth worn out, allowing slippage at 180*
                              5. Something in table drive out of lube or worn
                              6. 179 ring gear teeth worn out
                              7. Time delay going/bad connection
                              8. Something else...

Does it always have pins hanging, or does it happen on strikes too (assuming you don't have MP's)?

Sweep stays at 270*, right?

Swap the gearboxes and clean &amp; lube everything on the front end. I'm sure you've already checked out OS and swapped chassis.

Let us know what takes care of the problem!

Chaddy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X