Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a chassis problem

first ball cycle

machines cycles - sweep drops to 66 - then as you think the table is about to start the sweep starts with it, causing an interlock.

this can happen 10 shots in a row, or go normal for 10 shots, but it is happening regularly.

please help
    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Re: not a chassis problem

Are you sure it's not in the chassis? Also, I would check the table switches. If one is bad, it could make the sweep start prematurely. Probably wouldn't hurt to check the sweep micros either. If it happens that often, it probably won't be that hard to narrow it down.

Louie
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Check the gap and/or microswitch itself on the TA2 cam as this is responsible for running the sweep in conjunction with the table. It causes the sweep to run when the table is high enough to clear deadwood and return home when the table is high enough.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

As Kat mentioned, the TA-2 sends the signal to the chassis that tells the sweep when to run from 66 degrees. The TA-2 lever would have to be touching the cam or extremely close to create the problem you describe.

If your TA-2 is fairly close to proper adjustment then it is possible that you have a defective switch or a very weak spring pulling on the lever (which could also be sticky). Sometimes a switch could get sticky or will get a carbon build up inside that will create a carbon trail that will break and reform because of vibration and arcing.

I would definitely concentrate on the TA-2 with a remote possibility of the SB switch or a coasting sweep motor.

Comment

It sounds like sc is being activated at 1st guard.Make sure your sweep cams are adjusted properly.

Comment

Craig: just run through and re-time all your switches.

Like the guys said, focus on TA2 as this is the switch that initiates sweep run through.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X