Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy's Law

Boy does it seem like the only thing consistant in the world this season is that nothing goes quite as planned.

1. One week before the season started I fell and borke my neck & back! Yes I am very thankful that I am still walking and there is no additional brain damage [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

2. When I fell the lane machine decided to go down with me and not to put oil down right. It looked close but boy were they though. When I could finally bend over I got the problem fixed

3. Two other people at the house got put out of commission for awhile with things like knee surgery and the like. We are all recovering well, but still! All of our work loads have increased.

4 Friday I got brace off the lane machine is running well and thought smooth sailing now. Boy have I been wrong so far!

5 For our mens league the lane machine pulled its stunts again. I noticed it durring warm ups and begged them to stop and let me fix it, they needed to decide what to do for tthe holiday days. 10 lanes I could have re-run them in a few munites. They said no and all bowled like crap, amazingly it was still my fault even though I begged them to let me fix it!

6. Last night we had a lane interlock. I started to crank up the table. Boy the motor was turning freely but nothing was moving! Yes we broke a table drive shaft!!

Have I had enough? I am ready to see my family and have another honor score. Am I wrong or let me know what else could be around the corner. I am scared to look.

We are getting a lot of help and support but boy am I getting tired

Re: Murphy's Law

Man Pat....Looks like you got a string of bad luck goin. You didn't by chance run under a ladder to catch a black cat and break a mirror did you? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Your luck will change some day. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Louie
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

you know I am seeing a lot of good things from this. I was just blowing off steam. I must have had ten bowlers come up and hey this is only a game and I needed to learn how to adjust anyway, All but two or three laughed and had a great time. The music was turned up and everyone partied.

So for everything that happens there really is an equal and opposite reaction.
      I do know that when things seem bad keep your eyes open for the good.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam and try to get a chuckle out of you guys.

Last night I put the spot respot cams on backwards.... I had the owner who is a great mechanic in his own right helping me. We just laughed at ourselves and went home! This too shall pass.

Have a Good day all

Comment

that is funny pat. Not your injury or bad luck but the similarity to the start of my season. The motor, lane machine, and injury. Our phoenix burnt a solenoid(for the wick). Left side was flooded until part finally came. Then I had a sweep motor take a dump. Gears were destroyed ended up being a sweep rail. Then I threw my back changing a carpet. I think I twisted it wrong.(8230's with verticle lift) All this in 1 weekend. They say bad luck runs in 3's...or something like that. Finally everything back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill F.:
          Then I threw my back changing a carpet. I think I twisted it wrong.(8230's with verticle lift)
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] No kidding!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Last time I changed a carpet on a vertical lift machine, I hurt for 3 days!! Getting the bounce plate bolts loose is bad enough, but tightening them with the brand new stiff carpet is body killing!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Originally posted by pat:

Last night I put the spot respot cams on backwards....
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">must be some sort of lunacy disease you catch working in a bowling centre. last night i emptied a bucket of water in the rubbish bin under the sink.
            cobow [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
            Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
            Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Hey,Pat,snows coming

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X