Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new gates surepik belt

any guys out there had trouble with the black gates surepik belt with the notched v belt.

i am onto my second one now, the notched section just keeps disintegrating over a short period, first time it was with the spare belt which could have been anywhere, this time its from a new belt i purchased from amf no longer than 2 months ago.

anyone got an answer for me ????
    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Re: brand new gates surepik belt

They the smooth black belts?? If it is, we had some trouble with them too. Black poo everywhere. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

The uprails are probably bent....this causes misalignment with the lower pulley and upper links.

Do a visual from above and see if the lower pulley is sitting square in the return assy.

I had a 1 belt lose part of the v.

I took the belt, changed the direction it was turning and put it on another machine.

It has been going strong for a year or more.

Jerry

Comment

I have a couple of those gates belts... we never had a problem with them disintegrating, but I did have a problem with them:

On certain shur-piks, the belt will run just fine, but it howls like a banshee. It's a pretty disconcerting thing to turn on a shur-pik, and have it start sounding like someone is being stabbed to death in it. No matter what I did to it (sanding the pulleys, realigning everything, etc...) would stop the squeal. The only band-aid I found to shut it up until I could pull the belt and replace it was to put some baby powder or ez-slide on the back of the belt.

I reinstalled the 'squealer' on another machine to try it, and it's been quiet as a church mouse for months now. And the machine I took it off of hasn't made a peep since I put a Vantage blue belt on it.

I dunno... this happened twice, on two different 'piks... still haven't come up with an answer as to why. We wrote it off as our two house gremlins (phrycc and phrakk) playing a prank on us...
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

We had them, too. Same problem as with the back end ball lift belts with the notched V-guide, but more so. If you like the surface of the belt and don't want the notches, order the Quality/Gates aftermarket version from your local distributor, if it's still available.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X