Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW AMF SIMPLIFIED CLUTCH

anyone...using yet.....i tried a few... I dont like... i called AMF about the nylon bushing....they say..replace withe bronze....i ask for...FPS.....and they had no clue..... seems like the 5/8 lock nut just doesnt ...LOCK....i like the Vantage one's better from a few years back.
    Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Re: NEW AMF SIMPLIFIED CLUTCH

Stick to the original clutch. I have very little problems with mine.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Take the plastic stop blade guide of the back of the original clutch....it helps it to run better.

I gently put the plate in a vise, and use a cold chisel to knock the rivets off the plastic ring.

Jerry

Comment

Origonally posted by King

If you set up your distributors up correctly, that plastic guide will act as a brake to keep the index levers from indexing a pin if the distributor is not at the next position yet. This reason alone, is why I do not use the dist belts that grip the pin.

If the pin is ready to index and the dist is not at the next position I want the pin to slip on the belt. (not go over the index levers while they are in the up position)

This is necessary if two pins happen to get too close together from improper orientation.
        Mike
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

In my opinion i think dist. belts that have more grab helps your dist.trip better,so i desided to try these rough top belts from JCP,man i did'nt know what was going on,i installed one of those belts on tuesday and wednesday the pins and pindeck was black,well comes to find out because we use offense oil it adds some kind of chemical reaction and breaks the belt down.Has this happened to anyone else?And what is up with those plastic u-joints they suck!!.....Anyways as far as clutches a think the originals are the way to go also [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

originals....are great....but i always like to try to keep an open mind and try new things....never know! just think ...twenty years ago....if yo asked a mech. tech.?? would you use a PC at home!! or at work.... ...just think...
            Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

JCP.......not on my machines.

Jerry

Comment

I agree.....AMF machines = AMF Parts, JCP does not fit in the equasion.
                Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
                  I agree.....AMF machines = AMF Parts, JCP does not fit in the equasion.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I kind of disagree...

AMF Parts = Unneeded expense.

Many of the aftermarket parts we get are better designed, or more durable, or easier to work on, etc... I do use JCP for some things, as well as Vantage, AMF, Eastern, Stahl's/Tuffy, and even locally-purchased industrial parts. Start comparing prices of parts, and you'll find that in many cases, an AMF part is not the cheapest, nor the best part for the job.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X