Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins dropping ......

Driving me nuts. 1 or 2 or 5 pin on alley 1, 10 pin on 6, 2 pin on 3. Not always, but way too often. I've adjusted the cups, even replaced one, adjusted spring tension, lubed everything....still persists. What else makes certain pins tip over on 1st ball spot? Pulling my hair out (and I can't afford to do that..hehe)

Re: Pins dropping ......

cup gap too narrow, check with guage

x frame pulling away too early, check 1/2 bubble after levelling table and flagging it

basically i would do a full table adjustment, which includes checking all of your cups, cause if your 1 pin cup is out, then you just altered your spot rod adjustment.

do check that your machine is 19" off the pindeck in each corner
    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

In addition, check for warped cups... A cup can have the right gap and still cause problems. Get a 1/8" plate of steel or aluminum (diamondplate works good... use the flat side), or a piece of finished (smooth) hardwood plywood that's about 1" longer and wider than a cup. Run the table down to respot position, and lay the plate centered on each cup. Try to "rock" the plate... if you can teeter it more than about 1/8" to 1/4", the cup will most likely cause wobbly or falling spots.

Cups usually get warped like this from pin jams... a pin falls across a cup, then gets pinched between the bin and the cup edges. After the idiots I mean bowlers cycle the machine a half dozen times before ringing the bell, cups tend to get bent up a bit.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Yes, check for warped cups, they will drive you nuts. And thanks to GMan for the tip, his little tip was mentioned earlier in another post. I think I have a new favorite tool now, definately beats pulling the cup out to check it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Thx guys. I will check out all those things and send update.

Comment

Hi JC . Where in NY are you located ?
            Check the pads in your spotting cups. I have had problems with softer style pads not allowing the pin to slide in , and fully seat in the cup. Also be sure your fingers are adjusted properly. If the fingers do not open properly after a srike , the pins can catch the fingers as the cups turn . Mark
            There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Throw away cup pads or liners....they goo up with todays lane oil.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:

Jerry
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I definitely agree wtih Jerry. I would have pins fall out of cups head first because of them not fully seating in the cups. Yanked all liners and have had good luck.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Try the 090- cup liners. They're black, and they do not gum up. Originally, AMF sent some bad ones out that did not allow clean pins to slide in. Recently, they must have corrected that. No problems.

Vantage urethane (original style, with the pull tips) are also black, and now much better than earlier on. I don't recommend their self-stick ones, unless they corrected them, too. They used to be very sticky.

Comment

We still use liners. Been getting the grey urethane ones in from AMF recently, work well. Pins slide well on them, they look like crap after they're in for a while but we've had NO problems with them. Or as posted earlier ya can just do away with em [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:

Jerry
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No offence JK but with me i NEVER run a m/c without cup liners, if you keep em' clean on a weekly basis they never goo up. We used to use no liners at a center i worked at once and lost so many cups due to cracking as the liners at least absorb a little impact from the pin landing in the cup , since i took over in my center last June i went through the whole center and kiteed up all cups which were missing liners and have NEVER had 1 call due to poor liners.
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Its just a personal preference I guess really. If people have problems with the liners they take em out. I've had maybe 5 problems with dropping pins due to the liners in the past 4+ years (we're a 64 lane center, I dont think thats bad at all) and personally I'd rather deal with the very few calls I get and leave em in. But others have a lot of trouble with em and things are fine once they yank the liners. To each his own [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:

Jerry
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No offence JK but with me i NEVER run a m/c without cup liners, if you keep em' clean on a weekly basis they never goo up. We used to use no liners at a center i worked at once and lost so many cups due to cracking as the liners at least absorb a little impact from the pin landing in the cup , since i took over in my center last June i went through the whole center and kiteed up all cups which were missing liners and have NEVER had 1 call due to poor liners.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i agree with pinhead. keep em clean. mine never goo up.

Comment

You dont get cracked cups from pins shuttling into the cups. You get cracks from your pinnies running the table through Table jams and spotting pins ontop of pins.

deadwood
                            Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Well one thing is for sure they are damn quieter with the liners than without!!
                              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X