Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90 Endless Sweep Run (+strikes)

I have a house with 82-90's (not XL's). Several times a week one lane will go into an endless sweep cycle, over and over, scoring strikes as it goes. The only way to cure it is by stopping the sweep at first guard position and running the table through 360 degress then bringing the sweep back on. It doesn't always work first time, but keep trying and it snaps out of this loop. Changed sweep switches, control chassis, curtain wall, camera, ball detects, checked the table wiring....no joy.

Best clue to anyone is that when you pull down the SA1, you'd expect a loop of this kind until you let go, but instead it stops breifly at first guard and then continues back, forward and up. I can't remember, but it may have started the table running too.

Haven't ripped all the wiring out yet....any ideas guys? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks

Re: 82-90 Endless Sweep Run (+strikes)

Check for a mis-adjusted SB cam switch lever. SB is responsible for stopping the rake at 66 degrees as well as firing spot solenoid at 186 degrees.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Kat is on the wright catwalk here. I would also check if you have the new SS chassis for a bad swp relay. (the ones that are kinda white that look like microchips) They might be staying open to long. Sometimes a drop/spike in voltage will play havic with those electrical monsters.

deadwood
      Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
        Check for a mis-adjusted SB cam switch lever. SB is responsible for stopping the rake at 66 degrees as well as firing spot solenoid at 186 degrees.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rake?

JK

Comment

JERRY,
          you'll have to forgive KAT for calling the sweep a rake [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] he is really a brunswick mechanic just posing as a amf mechanic [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          he got bored working on brunslicks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
          and decided to work on 82/70 for awhile.
          the picture of the brunswick deadwood posted last week is in kat's shop :p he got bored and
          decided to put a brunslick together in his shop!
          I think KAT likes brunslicks better! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

That's right Crud, I'm just pretending to be an AMF mechanic, really I know nothing about the tinker toys :p . I hate it when I mix up terms...I don't know how many times I catch myself calling a TABLE a deck and a DISTRIBUTOR a cross conveyor.

I guess that's why I always call 82/70s pinsetters.
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I love hearing "lay people" refer to our equipment. They've got some winners!

"That sweeper thing"
              "The Rack" Now there's a clear picture!
              "The Gate"
              "The pusher-puller" Gotta a tool like that.
              "The spotter" Used to have one of those in Gym class...

Funny how Brunswick now calls it a "sweep", and "table" on the GS. Guess we were right all along?

Comment

Those terms for the GS pinsetter are PC.

The table is not called a deck because it truely is a table. 1 piece with addons. Not a Deck with 3 pieces.

The Sweep is truely a sweep since it sweeps the pins off the deck and does not rake them. A rake on a A-2 moves in a "raking" motion. Back and Up. The swp on a GS drops and is on a track so its back and forth.

deadwood
                Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X