Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Roller Shafts

I heard a few years ago that some company had designed a weldable shaft for the rear roller.

I have a few 30's rear rollers and would like to lengthen the shafts on them so that I can utilize both stove bolt holes.

Does anyone know which company puts out this product?

Thanks for your response.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Re: Rear Roller Shafts

never heard of a kit like that...

When we need back roller repairs, we have a machine shop in the area that we take 'em to... They reweld the shafts, then turn them down on the bridgeport to true them, and then machine the flat into the shaft. I think they charge us $40-50 or so each.

They can turn the driveshafts to just about any length... all I'd have to do is tell them the dimensions...

Got any machine shops around you? Most of 'em are more than happy to get cash-money jobs like that...
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

AMF make a rear roller repair kit , ill get back to you on the part#, but its simple, you cut the shaft on the rear roller to approx. 1" and place the new shaft over the existing stump and drill 2 holes at right angles to each other and hammer through 2 roll pins, the kit comes with 2 new bearings and the replacment shaft, the bearing which goes over the pulley end of the shaft has the same outer diameter but a larger inner diameter to compensate for the larger shaft bore. The kit works a real treat creating the longer shaft allowing you to properly secure your pulley on to your shaft.
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Thanks Pin_Head, I guess once secured, I can tac it down and it would be more ridgid.

If I didn't weld it, exactly what size roll pins do they include with this kit? Sounds like this kit will be around $40 anyway.

Thanks again
        Mike

Comment

MIKE,
          I have put on a few of these repair shafts.
          there quick and easy to put on.
          they have 1/8 roll pins and they give you a drill bit with the kit. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
          they tell you to loctite the shaft on also!
          the only problem is if the old shaft is not running true any bouncing up&amp;down at all it works the new shaft loose and really starts bouncing after a couple of months.
          if I put anymore on i'm going weld them on.
          your in the ball park on the price around 40.00
          612 070 014.
          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

dirt man: thanks for the part number. I'm going to get a couple kits next week. Your right about the roll pins, those shafts are soft and will open up quickly.

I still remember how funny it was when I first saw the 3/32 roll pin in the dist trip rod / casting. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] ENGINEERS
            I drill them out and put 3/16 roll pins in.
            Well thanks again.

Mike

Comment

Hey Mike , so far as yet we havent had any of the new kit shafts work loose, well, the first one i did came loose but after that a trick i tried , you know one of those just for the hell of it experiments, was to not only loc-tite the new shaft on but to also apply loc-tite to the holes just prior to punching in the roll pins, since then not one has ever come loose.

Just an idea i thought you could play with.....
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

No thanks... I think I'll stick to having a machine shop retool the shafts... It sounds like the kit isn't much cheaper than we pay for machining, and has more room for problems.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

what ever ..... each to thier own i gues!!

Comment

Have not used this Kit so I'don't know...I Always use the mchine shop. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ....Hey G-Man How do I use the klick on picture to enlarge feature?
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
                      Hey G-Man How do I use the klick on picture to enlarge feature?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need to be in a forum that has HTML enabled.

put 2 versions of the picture on your server with 2 different filenames (like picture.jpg, and small_pic.jpg)

Post the small picture in your message using HTML code to link it to the big picture like this:
                      Click on the picture to zoom in.

[img]servername/directory/small_pic.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hey guys.....how much does a new rear roller cost? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge Bob:
                          Hey guys.....how much does a new rear roller cost? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know??, Do You?

But I think G-man is right, I do about the same thing as he does, the only difference is that I let my rear roller ends make by a company that usaly makes products for weight lifters.

Martin
                          So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sponge Bob:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know??, Do You?

But I think G-man is right, I do about the same thing as he does, the only difference is that I let my rear roller ends make by a company that usaly makes products for weight lifters.

Martin
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well…if I remember right…around $60.00. Now I was just figuring…well…$44. …..plus change…shipping….drill holes…hammer pins…..weld….just didn’t seem to add up to me. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Charlie, I checked Vantage last week and they were $89 but their rollers are made with a thinner guage steel and they will dent if they get hit with a pin that may spin off of the o-pan or from a dist jam.

Like Gman said, the machine shop is the way to go but if you can't get a decent deal on setup and shop time then the kit is the way to go.

Although the kit should be tac welded after the installation.

Felia, thanks for the pic. The revision must have included another roll pin.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X