Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Many Kickers

Our 50 lane house has some old 70's, a few pairs of which have had the mini-pbl conversion done on them,(I wish they were all like that), the rest still have kicker style lifts with everyone's favorite---kicker rollers! Now then, assuming there is nothing wrong in the ball exit area, lift height is o.k., pit is o.k., etc., is there really one or maybe two types or shapes of kicker rollers that work the best and last the longest? Currently, we have been using the GREY and INVERTED GREEN AMF ones, the grey ones seem to last forever but don't always pull the ball in, the inverted green ones still work even after they have been worn down-- but don't seem to work on all the machines. I would like some feedback on this and find out what your experiences with any types of kicker rollers- good and bad has been [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] tmcdllr@aol.com . Thank You.

Re: So Many Kickers

We've had luck with the Murrey kickers in the past... they would pull like crazy, but were so soft that they wore down pretty quickly. I liked these, but I haven't seen them for sale in quite a while... The black "Headway" kickers were also comparable to the Murreys in performance and life.

We tried Vantage's line of kickers, and found that the inverted "soft grey" kickers were pretty decent, and the "red blaster" red "football" kickers (2 flat sides) were even better. We had some problems with them hardening and getting glassy (after which they wouldn't pull for anything), but we never figured out if it was a bad batch of kickers, a reaction to lane conditioner/cleaner, or something else. not all of them did it, and the ones that did we just swapped out with new ones.

Recently, Vantage came out with the "Red Lightning" kickers.. they're an offset "cam" shape, with a kind of spiral to them. They seem to pull the best under varying oil conditions and ball weights, so we've been slowly installing them as older kickers wear out, with good results.

Since some of our machines were poorly installed, the ball exit widths vary... some of the machines don't have enough room for inverted or wide kickers, so I keep a pretty good selection of them to "make it fit" if something needs replacement.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I gotta go with GMan here, we've had nothing with sucess with the football shaped ones and also the new vantage ones. Still tho where we are Headways old Red Devils did us best (seemed even a little better than Vantages red football shaped ones) For some reason we dont get em anymore, is Headway still making the red devils? If so anyone got a part # for em? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I have the Murrey round kickers on all my remaining kicker lifts with no problems. They seem to last forever and I almost never get a ball stuck with them. I'm sure if you try them you'll love 'em.
        Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Anyone trying the new "gear" kickers from Zot? I've got 2 but haven't needed to put them on yet.
          TOON
          Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I have had luck with a variety of kickers. The round murreys seemto work the best in MOST of my lanes, but not in others. These have a D-shaped kicker that is black in color. Don't know where they came from. They were there when I started.
            they wear very well. I had no sucess with the spiral style kicker, nor with the football style. I have been installing the humpback system. I have it in 3 pairs right now, and I like how they work. A lot less moving parts and no kicker nightmares.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X