Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor

hi everyone
    i'm new here and i'm french so i hope you will understand what i'm trying to say. my problem is when the table go down there's something that make the motor overheat, any suggestion??

Re: motor

You did not specify the type of machine, but your possible problems may include, a bad motor such as windings or carbon brushes, a bad gearbox, low on oil or a bent shaft in it. A bad table drive shaft causing binding and adding pressure to the motor. If you will add a little more information I'm sure you will get all the answers you need. Good Luck.
    Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

yeah Trizac , if possible could you be a little more specific on what its doing like does it overheat after a while, what machines do you have ? does the motor or any part thereof appear to bind when the table runs etc?

p.s. hey gw407 where you are from ... Kissimmee... is that a real place in the U.S ??
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head:
        p.s. hey gw407 where you are from ... Kissimmee... is that a real place in the U.S ??
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes Pin_Head, Kissimmee is a city in the state of Florida in the U.S. If you have ever heard of Disney World, it is right next to that.

As for the motor overheating, it could be a bad start switch or Centrifigul Mechanism. If the motor hesitates to start for a second or 2 it can cause a build up of heat. Or, as was said, it could be a binding gear in the gearbox or low oil level.

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
        Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X