X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cybernetic SSSS

OOPS!!!!!

Re: cybernetic SSSS

$56 down the drain, or have they come down.

Quality of the switch is sure nice, but have never hooked one up.

I gave the one they sent me to a 30's house so he could try it.

Coors, are you going to elaborate on the damage.
    Mike
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Too many black wires [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

JK

Comment

I'VE BEEN USING THE SWITCH MADE BY BOWLTRONICS FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS NOW AND HAVE HAD ONLY THREE GO BAD. TOOK THEM BACK AND THEY WERE FIXED FOR FREE AND I WAS OUT THE DOOR IN LESS THAN 30 MIN. THEY COST LESS THAN $25.00 AND THE SAME SWITCH WORKS ON BOTH THE COMBO AND BACKEND MOTORS (70's). IF ANYTHING GOES BAD WITHIN A TWO YEAR PERIOD, IT'S FIXED AT NO CHARGE. COMBO MOTORS ARE REAL SIMPLE TO HOOK UP AND THE BE REQUIRES THE CUTTING AND SPLICING OF ONE WIRE. INSTRUCTIONS COME WITH THE SWITCH FOR ALL MOTORS.

THE DOCTOR
        AMF DOCTOR
        The doctor makes house calls.
        http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Coors:

Lettin out the blue smoke again, huh buddy???

Looks like that one probably failed the stink retention test too [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, not very good advertising for us, huh?

It appears to be one of the first batch we shipped to AMF just over two years ago. Since then we've shipped almost 2,000 units to the US. This is the first legitimate failure (that we know about). It's just a bit embarrassing to find out about it in such a public way [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Coors, please email (rayj@cybernetic.com.au) me your address details so I can send you a replacement at our cost.

This might be an appropriate time to mention that manufacturers like to get feedback, both positive and negative. We cannot improve our products unless people tell us what they like and don't like about them. We need to know when the product fails, when it doesn't fit properly and when it's just the wrong colour.

And yes, electronics works on smoke. When the smoke stays inside, the device works fine. As soon as the smoke comes out, well, we all know about that. We see a lot of it around here when we experiment with new product ideas [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ray Jordan
            Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
            Australia

Comment

oh rray,
              i never meant for it to be embarassing, just one of those, WOW!! moments i thought id share. and your backing of your product im sure just got ya several more orders this mornin.

Comment

Originally posted by rrev:
                This might be an appropriate time to mention that manufacturers like to get feedback, both positive and negative. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ray ,
                Here is my Feedback !

We have a number of Cybernetic S/S switches &amp; a Twin Side Lane Minder here at the Frankston (Mexican ! ) Bowl.

Never had any Problems , All your gear is Top Shelf Quality [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                I wish we had the $$$ to fit S/S Cybernetic Unit's to all 84 stators in the house !
                ( Head Tech would also agree with this ! )

But , "Heck" what would I know about Electrical or Electronic equipment ? , I'm only a Telco Engineer ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ray,

We, too, have been using your switches without any sorts of problems.

We are replacing our switches with your units as they go out.

Keep up the good work!

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                  I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Coors,
                    Just curious, was there anything else wrong with the machine? Or was it just the switch that failed?

Comment

Man i have bought a number of products form Cybernetic and have not had a drama. Coors did you wire it up properly???
                      I also have the Lane Minder and about to get the cut off for the auto trigger. over a number of years i bought the start switches both combo and B/E, I even got a switch running my ball return.

Quality Products, Great service!!

Cybernetic gets my two thumbs up!

Peter
                      Formally Sports Central

Comment

everything on the machine was/is fine. night mech simply cut the wires and crimped a new box on, runnin fine since.

ill have to look it up when i get to the center mon morn, but i think that swithc made it 8 months. and everyother switch is still goin strong after i know 18 months at least.

cybernetic has my thumbs up as well [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's another "GOOD WRAP" for Cybernetics !

A local ( Private ) 90XL centre nearby to us had a Ball trigger PCB fail last week &amp; the spare was also faulty , so 1 lane down ( Not good for business )

Head Tech there( Close Friend ) loaded gear into car &amp; paid Ray &amp; the boys a visit at the shop .

Both boards fixed on the spot ( &amp; quickly too )

Lane was back up for night league .

I'd think you would be hard pressed to get better service than that ?

Comment

Hey Mark
                            I think i was on the phone to them the same day that was happening. I was getting some advice on the Lane minder cut off board. seriously guys if you have got a lane minder i would get the cut off board for it. It might be a bit costly on the outlay but it might save thousands in law suits if you have auto triggering on your machines like i know half of us would these days. It has already saved me as a phoo hunter went under the machine to get a pin off the deck to use as a prop in there photo. Very easy to install when you have all the tools unlike me (no multi meter) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] , But one is on the way.
                            I lok forward to your next great product Ray and Graham.

Peter. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Formally Sports Central

Comment

Originally posted by sports_central:
                              Seriously guys if you have got a lane minder I would get the cut off board for it. It might be a bit costly on the outlay but it might save thousands in law suits Peter.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Peter ,
                              Very Good point.

The Lane Minder is GREAT , I'd push to get the M/C cut off option for our centre , BUT we have a real problem here :-

The "Manager" turns the Lane Minder OFF all the time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

He IS NOT overly "SMART"

The Lane Minder has "SAVED" at least 2 kiddies from getting into the pindeck ( They are just the 2 incidents that I've seen , Who knows how many more have happened during other shifts in the last 10 months since the Lane Minder went in ?? )

I'm sick fed up of having to turn the Lane Minder ON when I come On-Shift at night [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

To be honest , I'm considering going to the AMF GM &amp; lodging a Formal Complaint with regards to this [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

From my understanding AMF ( Australia ) Policy is to have these Lane Minders installed &amp; operational for the safety of Patrons within the centre ( I fully agree with them here for a change !!)

Why TURN IT OFF ??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

I don't understand the stupidity of some of the Counter Clods ( Manager is the worst offender ) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X