Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickers adjustment

I just installed ZOT's ball return assembly in my problem lane. LANE 2 worked fine, but lane 1 still had spinning balls, not feeding in far enough to go up.(of course it just happened to be the ladies tonite) out of ten balls, two were the main problem. But..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] there must be something I'm missing. Does anybody have specs for kicker adjustment? Inoticed that lane 1 kicker is rubbing on side, lanes 1 & 2 are 10" apart.How far from the sides should the kickers be?? Oh by the way the gremlin spray I used actually increases them, SIZE & numbers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] :p
    "I used to be somebody, just can't remember who that is"

Re: kickers adjustment

the optimum setting for your kicker rollers should be 1/16" away from your kickback panel, hey also for the hell of it try what i said about using a second kicker spring and see what happens i have a pair that its the ONLY way to get the suckers to work, even our owner could pick a fault with the adjustments but it wouldnt go till i whacked on a second spring.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

i also thought hey what kicker rollers are you using? i have the hard AMF ones and they suck balls just sit on them and spin.
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

To adjust kicker tension....go get some light link chain......run the chain to the spring......run the chain over the rear lift shaft.....secure the chain with a nail between the paddle brackets between the machines.....then you can losen or tighten the spring easily.

JK

Comment

Listen to the king, weve had the chains on ours since before I started there, makes life so much easier, definately worth the time to do [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

We are using "red blasters" full contact rollers on the problem lanes, the other lanes have the "famous" white murrey's football shape kickers. Get the murrey one's because if they work , they don't seem to wear out. This season I haven't even clean the murrey kickers, still work!

Comment

Chains & extra springs we have, put on by previous owner. Last nite I spent most of a shift in back watching, it appears that one of the kickers is not sitting at the same angle as the other one, and it needs to move in about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I think that part of the problem could be the height of the bounce plate. On this lane it is level with the ball hole.? Should it be higher?? the other funny thing is I checked the other kicker springs and they are loose, but work just fine. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is a trick to try on your kickers instead of the chain on the belt idler spring. Make a solid link with a piece of wire and attach it next to the belt idler spring make sure that the spring can still stretch a little, somewhere between ¼ and a ½ inch. This solid link will stop the spring from extending and create more pressure on the ball only when it is entering the exit. This will allow the spring to do its job without adding extra belt tension 100 % of the time, which could result in shorter belt life. This should be done with a good belt to start with.
                I have not used chains on kickers in 30 years, too easy for a frustrated pin chaser to add more tension to break belts, wipe out rear filler plates and so on. This trick does not mean that the kicker ball exit is my favorite they still suck.
                MD

Comment

Newkid, if the kickers dont look like they're sitting at the same angle check your kicker assy. make sure it's not bent, I know we've had this problem before and a few times the main bracket was bent, we replaced it and all was fine
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Just finished readjusting the kicker ass'y, moved it in a little(1/4") I think that was the main problem. put on the new style vantage red lightening kickers, and as of now it is working. will test it with open bowling tonite.
                    thanks again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Since our machines on the old side did not have the greatest installation, several of the machines are too close together, and are a bear to get kickers to fit in them without grinding awey on the sideplates.

We actually have to "fine-adjust" them with oil seals from the clutch... the washers are too thick. I have 1 or 2 pairs that MUST use the standard old-style shaped kickers... the new 'inverted' ones like the Vantage 'footballs' and Red Lightnings don't have enough clearance. I dread having to readjust any of them... it never fails to turn into a 3-day ordeal of pulling the kicker assemblies and moving things around, then doing it again when certain balls won't pull that night...
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] had a good nite, no ball calls!
                        thanks guys
                        &quot;I used to be somebody, just can't remember who that is&quot;

Comment

Jeez GMan, you musta REALLY got a bad install. One side of our house is too tight but not bad enough to cause problems like that with the kickers

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X