X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respot Calls On The 8270

I'm curious, how do you guys respot pins? Here's the problem I have:

Call: "Respot the 2, 4, 6 and 10 on 23, please..."

Well, 23 is an 8270-type right next to an 8230. The other 8270 is right next to it on the other side, ball return in between. No ladder, no catwalk, two different designs...can't get up on the back, and do the pinfork thing...Ok, fine.

So, I get on top, pull all the pins out of the bin, and stand them up on the side, leaving just the 2, 4, 6, & 10, hit "cycle", and hold the 9-pin switch with my hand. Presto, instant respot! Toss all the others in the pit.

Goin' around the knee to get to the elbow, I know, but it works without climbing down in front, crawling under and setting them up by hand, as the other mechs do. That, to me is dangerous. That is unless you lower the sweep, but there's no "reverse sweep" on the MC-2...

Doug

Re: Respot Calls On The 8270

Depends for me on the setup itself. We have 82-70's and usually I cycle it til the bins are empty, wait as they come up and just throw whatever pins I need in the bins and hit the bin switch so it spots. Sometimes if I have 20 in the bins and get a setup in the back row, I grab a pin and just reach in (looking forward as we all know not to trust bowlers :p ) Those are my 2 main methods, some of the other guys I work with slide what pins they need under the pin holders, cycle it and just hold the shuttle back so it doesnt shuttle and only those pins they need fall in the table. Many many ways to spot pins [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Yea.. reaching into the machine works on the back row(which I do, except that I drop the sweep and shut off the S & T switches first)... We lowered the curtain rods a little, so you can get a pin hook in there pretty easy.

The rest King listed we have used. Depending on the setup, we also cycle the machine from first ball, shut off the sweep & table when the sweep comes down, then knock over or pull out the pins that aren't needed. Then turn on the S & T switches and let it complete the cycle.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

One of our other mechanics used to do it that way, I just like having the table set the pins (I guess I'm a bit anal) personally. I always close the fingers before I do a respot and check for anything, then watch it respot one or two more times after just to be sure. Just my personal way to do it, but as I said, to each his own [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

If I have to set multiple pins on a respot, I'll set a full rack, Cycle the machine, wait until the sweep hits the deck, turn off the sweep and table, reach in with the pin fork, knock down the pins I don't need, turn the table and sweep back on, the machine finishes it cycle, pins respoted on second ball.
          Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.&quot; Jerry Garcia

Comment

safest:
            PJS's way, wich i do when i dont wanna crawl on the machine:
            Turn T off
            Push Cycle
            Knock down unneeded pins
            Turn T on

way i usually do:<<--dont try at home
            Call-->> spot 245
            put 245 through shuttle
            reach over <<--i have length and push 1st ball/cycle
            Hold shuttle with my hand
            put on 2nd ball
            fill empty pockets when pins come up

Comment

One guy I work with does it coors's way. I do it that way sometimes, mainly on one side as there's room, the other side the machines need to be raised so the cups dont have enough clearance from the shuttle to do it. Overall I think it's the best way as long as you're careful doing it.

Comment

i do it the same way Coors does but i used to use my hand now i use a block of wood i made up and drop it between the shuttle and bin , feed pins through into cups and step to 2nd ball and cylce then fill empty bin pockets as per Coors' way.
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Great!

I knew I could count on you guys! I like it! Our Mc-2's have guards all over the place. You can't fit a pinfork ANYWHERE in tha machine. How do you hold the shuttle with your hand , and where?

Thanks again!

Doug

Comment

Stuck, if you're gonna respot pins by holding the shuttle get a firm grip on the back bar of it and be sure to hold it palm up from the bottom of the bar. That way if you lose your grip or whatever it'll just shuttle all the pins and ya wont chew your hand up.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X