Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enviro Bushings

In another topic there was mention of Enviro Bushings. How many of you guys are using them and what are your thoughts? I have been putting them in the front roller support brackets and they have been working out good. After 3 years, not much wear and brackets don't freeze on the shaft. I put some pinion bushings in new pinions, but after a little more than a year they started spinning inside the pinions.

Pete

Re: Enviro Bushings

i just put my first 2 dist kits (friction disc/pinion/stop blade) a few days ago, i really like it so far. so far dists are whisper quiet and smooth, complimented of course with an EBN grey Dist Belt.

havent put the link/front roller support bushings in yet. glad to hear the pits will last at least 3 years.

depending on how many others have your "spinning in the pinion" problem. hmmmmm may have to think about that. but i love the stop blades and discs so far.

Comment

Originally posted by poplarpetey:
      In another topic there was mention of Enviro Bushings. How many of you guys are using them and what are your thoughts? I have been putting them in the front roller support brackets and they have been working out good. After 3 years, not much wear and brackets don't freeze on the shaft. I put some pinion bushings in new pinions, but after a little more than a year they started spinning inside the pinions.

Pete
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pete, if there is a problem please contact James. He needs to know about it. I have decided to support his product line and he has stood behind his products 100% for me. Please let him know.

Thanks
      Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

HEY PETE:

IN ALL THE YEARS THAT I'VE USED ENVIRO PINIONS I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE SPIN. HAD THEM IN AT THE PLACE WHERE LEE IS AT NOW AND AT MY NEW PLACE. I KNOW OUR FRIEND BOWL EQUIP HAD THEM COME OUT ON HIS BALL LIFT LINKS. ON JUST ABOUT ALL OF THE ONES THAT I NOW PUT IN I PUT SOME CRAZY GLUE, THAT COMES WITH THE BALL WALLS, ON THE OUTSIDE SURFACE TO LOCK IT IN PLACE. IT SEEMS TO HOLD THE BUSHING IN PLACE EVEN THOUGH THE ID OF THE LINK MAY BE A LITTLE LARGER. NOW I HAVE THE HABIT OF WHEN EVER I PUT A BUSHING INTO SOMETHING I PUT A LITTLE BIT OF GLUE ON IT TO PLAY IT SAFE. WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REMOVE IT, A GOOD SMACK WITH A HAMMER AND IT COMES RIGHT OUT.

JUST A QUICK NOTE FOR COORS ABOUT THE BLADES. WHICH ONES ARE YOU RUNNING, SOILD OR SPLIT. I WOULD WATCH YOUR CLUTCH TENSION. RUN THEM WITH A MODERATE AMOUNT. IF YOU START GETTING CALLS WITH A DIST THAT HAS A BLADE ON IT, LOOK AND SEE IF THE PRIMARY BLADE IS BENDING INWARD. IF THIS STARTS TO HAPPEN DROP ME A NOTE AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW I FIXED THIS PROBLEM

THE DOCTOR
        AMF DOCTOR
        The doctor makes house calls.
        http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

We are in the process of finishing the front roller supports with the bushings,have had some in there for two-three years. We have had the clutch bushings in for 3 years and no problems at all.

Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

I found out after talking to a buddy this morning that since I put those pinion bushings in, the O.D. was increased slightly to make them fit a little snugger inside the pinion. I'll have to try them again.

Pete

Comment

I met James at Bowl Expo last year and decided that I wanted to try the Envirobushings with a view to becoming a distributor here in Oz.

I ordered some samples and I gave them to a local AMF centre to try out. We got good feedback and I emailed James with a suggestion to make a small modification to one product (the 82-70 track assy replacement). The resulting change that James made was swift and effective.

We are now happily distributing the Envirobushings here, satisfied that we are selling a quality product.

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X