Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Dilema.

Howdy fellas once again,
    The problem i have is in one my chassis', i went to lane 13 and it had no cycle function, no sweep run and you couldnt run the sweep through the SA cam, i tried the sweep at the contactor and it worked, so first of all i ran up the front and checked the instruct-o-mat, and it was switched to play. I then changed the chassis and the lane worked fine, so obviously it was the chassis. Took it into the workshop and checked it out but i cant find anything obvious as there doesnt appear to be any loose wires the relay bases are ok the pins in the plugs seem ok, got me buggered,,, any ideas fellas?????? BTW its a SS chassis not an MP.
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Chassis Dilema.

If I was silly , I'd say it sounds similar to a Masking Switch OFF fault , But there could be some merit in that ??

Check the Male pins on the PM "Elco" connector ( Loose or not making contact )

M & SP relays ?? Swap them out with known working ones .

Fuses , I know you have checked them , But with a Multimeter ?? , Often Blown Fuses look OK .

Otherwise , I'd suspect the C2A & C1 connectors , Out with the Wiring Diagrams , Yuk ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Also , Are you Running the Chassis as a 5 Board , Omega-Tek MK70 , XOP or some other "FUNKY" AfterMarket set up ?

Almost forgot !! , Maybe the Sweep Contactor coil is burnt out , Check for an open Circuit on the contactor coil with a Multimeter .

Comment

i had 2 similar problems yesterday and another about 2 days before both were the contactors for the sweeps also check your elco plug this plug has caused us trouble in our center before mark stated alot of good things to check and i think its the contactor though

kg

Comment

To answer you Mark, yeah i tested the fuses with the trusty old mulit-meter, and our chassis' are Omega-Tek.
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

This one is kinda out in left field but it has happened to me before. Check the toggle switch on the control box for the sweep. Out of the blue one day a machine wouldnt cycle, and after changing the start switch, I decided to test the switch for the sweep and that was the culprit
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
            This one is kinda out in left field but it has happened to me before. Check the toggle switch on the control box for the sweep. Out of the blue one day a machine wouldnt cycle, and after changing the start switch, I decided to test the switch for the sweep and that was the culprit
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rep , Good Info there [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

We had a very similar fault , Only difference was NO TABLE RUN from TA's or Back-end control.

Eventually we thought it was a loose pin on the C2A &amp; the machine started to cycle normally UNTIL "yours truly" desided to Jump up &amp; down on the Catwalk to test for a loose connection in the monster

( I'd NEVER suggest that you Jump on a Catwalk [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] unless is very secure &amp; you are a skinny little runt like me !!)

Anyway , To the point , Ended up being loose wire in Back-End control box [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Before changing the chassis i did check the b/e control box, i swapped the wires on the sweep switch for the ones on the pit switch and visa versa and the pit still ran fine and sweep was still non-operable.
              What i was originally asking seeing as i do know the problem was 100% chassis related (was confirmed by replacing chassis) was what should i look for within the chassis. What could cause this problem in the chassis???

Comment

Mark, I'm all of 120 pounds soaking wet. The catwalks would thank me for jumping on them [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

check you contactor or the wires on it it could be in your contactor if the contacts are broken then you will get no sweep operation whitch will cause no cycle or a bad connection from the wire to the c-1 plug or wherever else they are going to. if you want i will give you the wires to check when i get off work tonight.

kg

Comment

Pin_Head : will the sweep run manually operating the sweep contactor in the chassis with your hand?? if it will, id guess one of the teo coil wires is broke, trace and replace.
                    also, use your multimeter...is juice getting to your coil wires?? and if so, is 110 getting to the contactor.
                    and id assume youve tried a different board, could be the protective fuse on the omega board blew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                    I'm...
                    Working...
                    X