X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin_Head
    replied
    Re: solid state chasis

This would be a possible suggestion IF at all possible, Contact Omega-Tek and see if a rep can come out to your center and check it out operating in your machines???If not i agree with MArk send it back to them with one of your Omega-Tek set-ups in it.
    How far away are they from where you are? Would it be fesable for you to go there and watch them test it? And yeah like Mark said enquire into wether or not they test on a simulator or live m/c.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Anderson
    replied

What part of the Omega Tek is the chassis smoking up ??

I'm assuming you can see the damage ??

That may just give us a Clue as to the problem .

It may be worth looking at the area around the Mother PCB in the Chassis where they changed the edge connector

Compare it underneath & inside with a good Chassis , The mistake may just be very visible ( Solder blobbed across tracks , Wire on-to wrong connection etc )

Also check your Small Linking PCB that goes into the 3 Board slot , It may have damage ?

If you do return it again , Send it in with one of your Omega-Tek set ups .

Also do they test the chassis on a Real Machine or a Simulator ?? ( I never trust Simulators , Best to run on a machine as you have done ! )

Worst case situation is to leave it as a 5 board set up , But not really an Ideal situation since you have the Omega-Teks there

Leave a comment:

• Elijah
    replied

im not sure if you have tried to put a diffrent board in (another good omega tech board) but i would try this if your sure that it wont burn up the board. then go through all of your c-2a pins to see if they are good of coarse and then try your tranformer. if it doesnt work after all of this do what i would do, send it back and tell them they need to do a better job this time since they didnt know what they were doing the first time!!! works for me anyway expecially since they dont want to loose customers but then again i loose my temper way too easy

kg

Leave a comment:

• KingpinWill
    started a topic solid state chasis

solid state chasis

I have a chasis with omega tech card we sent it off to have a card slot replaced when we got it back i put it on a machine and turned on the machine cycled it three times to ckeck it out on the third cycle it burnt the card up so we sent it back well they called and said that they ran it for two days with there omega tech card and it did fine they sent it back to us we put it on a completely different machine and it did the same thing again we put the five boards in the chasis and it ran fine i checked all connections every thing was ok is it possible that the secondary transformer is bad??? or should i look for something different. Idont want to send it back again for them to say its ok.any suggestions would be appreciated [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
Working...
X