Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 ss chassis

I HAVE A 82/70 SS CHASSIS THAT KEEPS ON BLOWING THE F1 FUSE WHEN YOU TRY TO CYCLE THE MACH I HAVE CHECKED FOR WIRES GROUNDING OUT THE PLUGS ARE FINE.I AM STUMPED I HOPE SOMEONE HAS AN IDEA.

Re: 82/70 ss chassis

F1 protects the T1 transformer....

Good luck.

JK

Comment

Wrong fuse?(had that once...).

Will the BE run if you reset your chassis?
      If so, the first 24 V circuit that will be used after you cycle is the sweep relay.

Good luck,
      Martin
      So it goes.

Comment

We've had a couple like that already... so far, every one I've sent to Stahl's (got sick of fiddling with them myself) came back with the diagnosis of a bad transformer.

The only other thing I know of that can cause the T1 transformer fuse to overload (other than bridged/burned-out windings) is a dead short in the T1 secondary wiring... it'll cause the primary windings to overload.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

i did replace the t1 transformer and it is good but the f1 fuse still blows when i try to cycle the mach. the backend moter stays runing and the pit lite is on.there is no 1st and 2nd ball lite and i have the wright fuse in it.i still have to check the sweep relay. this has been a pane in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalojim:
            I HAVE A 82/70 SS CHASSIS THAT KEEPS ON BLOWING THE F1 FUSE WHEN YOU TRY TO CYCLE THE MACH I HAVE CHECKED FOR WIRES GROUNDING OUT THE PLUGS ARE FINE.I AM STUMPED I HOPE SOMEONE HAS AN IDEA.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by buffalojim:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by buffalojim:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep.
              Put a new sweep relay in there !!

Martin
              So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                Wrong fuse?(had that once...).
                Martin
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lampie raises a GOOD point there !

The fuse should be a SLOW BLOW ( 3 AMP from memory on 110 Volts )

A Standard or a Fast Blow fuse will often Pop immediately as the initial current load is higher than the fuses' blowing current rating ( Usually 25% higher than the Stated rating on the fuse ).

Slow Blow fuses will have a T ( Time Lag ) designation on them

Fast Blow fuses will have a F ( Fast ) designation on them

Standard fuses should have nothing other than Rated Voltage &amp; Current on them .

Food for thought [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i put a new 3 amp slo blow in it and it still blew it as soon as i hit the cycle button.we had a new t1 trans and i put it in but i still blew the fuse.the backend moter stays on. WHAT A PANE IN THE ASS.

Comment

Under neath the T1 transformer there are three diodes. Change the outside 2. This should take care of the problem. The reason I change both is because its difficult to tell which is the bad one and at less than $1.50 its easier to replace both.
                    David Cliffe
                    Asst. Mgr.
                    Mechanic
                    Youth Advisor
                    Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

thank you the power diodes were it. now it is working fine thanks agian for all the help

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X