Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabotage

Is it just me or is adjusting the respot cells the most god awful part of the job? Takes me a while to get them to lock on the pins and to release them as well.

I'm beginning to think I have someone wreaking havoc on the machines. That is twice in 2 weeks I have had to completely re-adjust the respot cells on 2 different machines. Pain in the butt!

Just found a tech tip sheet from AMF that helps alot! Wish I had that to start with. Seems as though if you follow the manual, the respot cells are worse than before you started.

Re: sabotage

You are now officialy a member, you just said the right code..
    LOL
    Martin
    So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey:
      I'm beginning to think I have someone wreaking havoc on the machines. That is twice in 2 weeks I have had to completely re-adjust the respot cells on 2 different machines. Pain in the butt!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Casey ,
      Your Sabotage theory may hold some water there !

"Some" mechanics ( I use the term Mechanic loosely here ) have been known to "Set Up" stops to make themselves look good &amp; keep themselves in a Job [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

The good book from the days of the "NEW" Pinspotter was great when it was a new machine , But as they wear &amp; age it will often have you setting up a worse situation than what you started with [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Any chance that you could post a URL or link to the AMF Tech Tip sheet you refer too ?

Comment

Actually the tip is photo-copied, not sure how old it is. It looks like it came out an AMF Partnership Program flyer. I'll turn it into a document and email it to you if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Anderson:
          -snippedy ..."Some" mechanics ( I use the term Mechanic loosely here ) have been known to "Set Up" stops to make themselves look good &amp; keep themselves in a Job - snip -
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Whaaaat? Never heard THAT one before! Woo

That could be grounds for CLOBBERIN' TIME, in my not-so-humble opinion. Work your butt off, tryin' to keep these things running like clocks, and someone undoing your work???

I don't think (keyword: THINK, here) I've ever worked with or for, anybody like that. Talk about a steam valve blowing...!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

(Steffie? Got any Tylenol PM? -Gulp- thanks...I'll calm down in a little while...)

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Doug

Comment

Doug ,
            Did happen here at my Centre [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Previous Head Mech was always accusing the other Day Shift Mechanic of Sabotage ( This Mechanic is NOW the Head Tech )

The Week after the then Head Tech left ( Under not very happy conditions ) We spent nearly a week fixing Odd Ball Intermittent Faults , 1/2 Cut wires on S/S Start Switches , Intermittent No Strikes , Table Jams , DBL Shuttles from R/Spot Cells wires very loose or off , Generally Childish sort of faults all over the house.

There were other "CLASSICS" , I'd have to go thru the diary to find them all

Having said all that , there was no proof of sabotage , But It was a week of Pain that we had not seen prior or since [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Makes one think !!

Comment

Sure does! Wow [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

I'm glad the people at All Star are practically relics, there. They'd never even THINK of doing ANYTHING like that. Wow, and I thought I'd heard it all...ya know car mechanics are known to do that around here, to get you to come back and part with more of your hard-earned $...

You can bet your (br)ass, I'd never work for anyone I suspected of that kind of behavior...

Woo,

I'd be outta there...!

Doug

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X