Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 sweep

ok here is another problem,sweep is not going back far enough to get all the pins off the alley then table goes down and stops on extra pin laying on the floor and pins go back up still in the cups,and the sweep is hanging down below the masking unit [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] if i adjust it back more it really is below the masking unit about 8-9".
    I asked the head tech about them and he said it is because the way the machines are installed.
    I tried reading about the ajustments in the manual and there confusing [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] turn this rod then turn that rod then go back and turn the first one you turned. i'm dizzy!
    can anybody tell me how to adjust them,there is around 10 or so hanging below the masking unit.
    is it the way the machines are installed?
    thanks for any help.
    KEN.B

Re: 82/70 sweep

Run sweep to 7-10 line.....hand crank as far back as it will go

Adjust rod by crank so the sweep goes past rear of deck and more so you can get your hand between sweep bar and tail plank

Hand crank sweep back to 0

Adjust rods on each side of machine to give 1" clearance between pinsetter frame and top of sweep link

This adj is like the dog chasing its tail....take your time

Jerry

Comment

As usual the king is right, I did quite a few this summer as we installed the one piece sweeps from amf. Just take your time with it and it'll get there, just sucks cuz as you raise the sweep for the 1' clearance you lose travel. Just follow what the king said, take your time and you'll be fine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

King's got it, but I have to point out one detail... The sweep bar should only go as far back as the center of the 7-10 spots. Any farther, and the sweep could get hung up on the edge of the deck.

AMF used to call it 'collapsing' in to the pit... but how they figured that a free-hanging object that doesn't touch or ride on the deck / gutters would 'collapse' if it ran off the pindeck is beyond me. For whatever reason, it can happen... and it's a lot of fun digging one out of the pit when it's wedged against the tailplank.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Put Pacman washers under the bumpers.

Comment

Definately do not adjust your sweep back past the tailplank!!! If you do, your just asking for problems.

Not only can the sweep collapse behind the tailplank but deadwood can get jammed creating an interlock on 1st ball and a thermo overload on 2nd ball .
            (a potentially dangerous situation for someone who doesn't realize that the sweep is now a coiled spring ready to jump up and out)

Like G-man, I adjust mine halfway on the 7 - 10 spots.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Without enough travel.....you have to adjust the sweep bar past the tail plank.....then when adjusting the rods on each side....it brings the sweep bar back into adjustment.

Jerry

Comment

When I was doing sweeps this past year I ran them back a good bit extra, not quite off the deck but close as a lot of them were out of adj up top also just so that I when I lost travel to adj it up top it'd be right on. Once ya do a few ya get a feel for it
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                  [QB]

AMF used to call it 'collapsing' in to the pit... QB]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think 'collapsing' came from the premise that the shock would over extend itslef causing the links to 'collapse' together.

Just a hunch,

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                  I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

King's way is right and when all is said and done it will get finished faster (less chasing of the tail, or leave you more time to chase tail Ha [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ) The end prodect is right his discriptios just makes the process go smoother and faster.

Comment

Hard to describe, ain't it? Try building a model of one. You'll understand completely. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

It's been a while, but I think King is right about the initial adjustment extending about a hand's thickness BEHIND the tail plank. Then the "forward" adjustment to get the thing the right distance from the frame. Then the last adjustment should put the bar at the center of the 7 - 10 spots. Under power, it should knock the pins into the "tail delve" (that's what Via calls the pit, LOL! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] )

Hope I never see one hang up at the tail plank! Imagine putting a ball in front of it, and poppin' that puppy out...(!) Sucker'd put a hole in the front wall, and fly out into the parking lot...or if there's a league bowler you really don't like...

:p

Doug

Comment

However you guys adj your sweep remember this.

If a sweep does happen to get trapped behind the pindeck or deadwood and throws the motor overload. UNPLUG the sweep motor and crank the motor backwards to take the pressure off of the bind, then clear the sweep. I have seen mechs not do this and while trying to clear the sweep, have very close calls with serious injury.

The worst injury I recall was a broken wrist to a head mech at a neighboring center.

Too bad it was is bowling hand; he made a lot of money bowling.

Be safe guys.
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

When we had our Anvilane installed....I had to readjust all our sweeps.....that is why I know the adjustment so well.....the new deck was longer and pins were staying at the end of the deck and the table was spotting on top of deadwood.

Again....the hand measurement is only if the sweep is not travelling to the 7/10 midline.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stalker:
                            However you guys adj your sweep remember this.

If a sweep does happen to get trapped behind the pindeck or deadwood and throws the motor overload. UNPLUG the sweep motor and crank the motor backwards to take the pressure off of the bind, then clear the sweep. I have seen mechs not do this and while trying to clear the sweep, have very close calls with serious injury.

The worst injury I recall was a broken wrist to a head mech at a neighboring center.

Too bad it was is bowling hand; he made a lot of money bowling.

Be safe guys.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean crawling into the pit and stuffing it back up over the tailplank with a crowbar isn't recommended? Awwww... why not?!?! What the hell... as long as you're behind it, it sure isn't gonna go back any farther... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kiddin...Like Mike said, take the majority of the pressure off with a crank before clearing the jam.

I've only ever had this happen two times in about 13 years... once because of a machine malfunction, and once because a ball was thrown during a cycle and it clipped the sweep exactly when it was at the rear of the deck.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

You mean crawling into the pit and stuffing it back up over the tailplank with a crowbar isn't recommended? Awwww... why not?!?! What the hell... as long as you're behind it, it sure isn't gonna go back any farther...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFL GMan! I've had it happen a few times before and as said as long as ya crank it back as far as possible to take some tension off you're fine

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X