Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cycle

i have a chassie that will not cycle at all and i can not run the sweep.table works fine . i have checked the f1 fuse c1 and c2 plug every thing looks good what else am i missing. i even put it on another mach.

Re: no cycle

Well... that's a little thin on information... here's what I got out of it:

1. The machine will not cycle... OK... Assuming it has power. I'm going to take the leap of faith that you're not one of my pinchasers. To them "NO POWER BECAUSE SPARKS AND SMOKE FLEW OUT OF THE CHASSIS, AND THEN THE MACHINE WOULDN'T TURN BACK ON" gets listed as "machine won't cycle".

2. You checked the fuses and plugs.

3. Table runs (assuming using TA1)

If the chassis seems to function normally otherwise (indexes between 1-ball & 2-ball cycle, pit runs, pit light comes on, etc...), some simple checks:

Swap the M & M2 relays with a known-good set.

Turn on ONLY the sweep, then lift the SA cam follower... see if the sweep runs. This is an important one... remember, on a '70, the SWEEP begins the machine cycle. If it doesn't run, you may have a bad S-contactor, or maybe a broken wire to the coil or contacts.

Swap the board(s) in the chassis with a set from another machine... see if the problem moves with the boards or the chassis. If it moves with the chassis, swap out the S-contactor with a known good one, then retest.

Let everyone know what you find. Chassis problems are the hardest to diagnose without enough information. No-cycle can be caused by a lot of things... Instructomat (Shadow) circuit problems are also a big no-cycle causer.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

i did check the sweep contactor and tried to run sweep threw the sa cam no luck no sweep.also put 2 new relays in .still no luck wires to the contactor seem good no brakes in them. 1st and 2nd ball lights do work.sweep will run if i push up on contactor.could it be a power diode or a varibale resistor? i did put a new omega tech in it to.

Comment

Well, if you installed a new omegaboard and it still didn't run, I'd say it may be more simple than that... disconnect the wires from the S-contactor coil, and meter them back to where they attach to the motherboard, then meter the motherboard tracer back to where it hits a board socket. The omegatech boards pretty much disconnect a lot of the original components in the chassis. You may find an open wire in the coil circuit for the sweep. Before you do that, read below.

Another thing to watch for is that if you're using MK70 boards with MK70EX scoring expanders, you need the #1 board jumper card with the wire that attaches to ground (not the 'bare' one that runs only the MK70), and that the +12V connector on the MK70 extension board is connected (obvious). It also requires that the jumper from the MK70EX board connector plug to the sweep contactor (green wire) gets connected to the proper wire on the contactor, or it won't run. Take a look at a working chassis &amp; see if the wires were reversed on the sweep contactor compared to the problem chassis.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X