Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors getting hot

What causes motors to get hot?. I blew them out replaced the contacts and still they are getting hot.

Re: Motors getting hot

Check those capacitors out for them. If they're bad or going that could do it.
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Oil level low.

Gearbox bad.

JK

Comment

Spankey, Check out the voltage and amp draw. Any motor will run hotter if the voltage or amp draw are not up to specks.
        Once a month I take a walk down he catwalks and feel the temp of the motors. If it find a hot one, I check it for connections. (plus caps. and oil)
        P.S. Never walk across the catwalks. I meant, get off each machine and climb up the next mach.. (Guess who I work for?)
        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by amfpinboy:
          P.S. Never walk across the catwalks. I meant, get off each machine and climb up the next mach.. (Guess who I work for?)
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMF can kiss my sweet, white, american arse... My knees and back won't tolerate that climb-up/climb-down crap anymore. I have 8 feet of clearance from the top of the catwalks to the ceiling, and I plan on walking across 'em... if I happen to stick my foot in a ball lift on my way through, it's my own fault.

I removed all those stupid wire mesh guards a long time ago, too... they get in the way, and make it take longer to do my job... AND they're easier to trip over than the top of the ball lift is. Again, if in 13 years I haven't figured out where NOT to stick my hands, feet, or any other part when the machine is running, I don't belong in the back... and no one else is allowed back there or anywhere near the machines until I've drilled the hazardous areas and proper safety procedures into their heads.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

It’s funny…well..kind of. Walking across the cat walk on an AMF machine on your hands stark naked [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] wearing a blind fold is ten times safer then walking across the cat walk of a “B” machine from end to end with the assiduousness of a cat.

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

if your on lane 2.....do you have to get down and back up to go to lane 3?

Comment

however i can see the comon sense in it for idiots like me. once i was replacing a bin/shuttle assy, so me and the night mech walked across the catwalks til we got to the room, well night mech lost balance, forced a pin thru the shuttles when he stepped on it with his foot. luckily he didnt get hurt. but stupid us, do we get sdown?? nooooooo, we carry it the remaining 10 lanes til we reach the door, then got down

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X