Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is next

Hey I was looking at our automatic scoring and our bumpers that that just pop up out of the gutters and I was thinking at how far this game has come.

That left me to think about what is next. I mean that I remmeber when I was a kid in the 70's, I remember changing the pot metal fingers in the middle of a league. Wires falling off all the time. Now look we have steel fingers and no wires because of the advanment in techology.

Not only did all of this thinking hurt my head but left me wondering what is next? I would like to see no more ball calls at all, but how?! And a distributer that never misses.

What would you guys like to see next?

Re: What is next

Go to a Jillians!
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

...Remote Control Bowling Balls...

OR BETTER YET!...

...Remote Control Pins...

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

How about foolproof anti-theift house shoes, house balls, and fixtures?

Maybe some indestructible walls, bathroom fixtures, approaches, lanes, sweeps.

How about some kind of machine that will detect an idiot, punk, or a drunk ass, and kick them back out into the street before they get a chance to destroy anything.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:

How about some kind of machine that will detect an idiot, punk, or a drunk ass, and kick them back out into the street before they get a chance to destroy anything.[/QB]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you talkin' bout' a cyborg clone of The Gman [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] complete with a samuari sword? It could be like AMF's mechanical robot- positioned in front of each entrance , and named" THE WORMINATOR " stops the pesky parasites before they enter your center. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

i was readign a artical in a mag about virtal bowling all done by a computer that would be something no pinsetter no real pins no stops what would i have to all day maybe not a good idea jb

Comment

Bowlers that don't complain..SORRY.lost my head for a second.

Comment

Strings.

It's bound to happen. Companies want to save money, and they'll do ANYTHING to cut that bottom line.

It's worked in Europe for decades. I predict that will spell the end of freefall. I heard one person (nobody in OUR company, I must mention) in the management &amp; ownership realm say that if he could, he'd fire all his mechanics, install string-setters, and hire ONE mech to maintain them all. $6.75 an hour pinchasers get to untangle the strings , hell, that's only $.25 less than what I make NOW, LOL!

What's next after that? Tangle-free strings...

Doug

Comment

:p

Nawww. Not in our lifetime! That'd put us ALL out of work...

The industry needs a shot in the @$$, that's for sure! I get discouraged sometimes...

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Doug

Comment

How about a built in lane condition to some type of synthetic lane bed. Then they would be consitant. Well ......... that is as long as Bob or Fred whoever that special bowler that you have bowls bad, because he or she is so good that it must be the lanes. Pluse every lane man would find a way to "mess" with that shot too ;@)' Just ask someone who knows and always ask what type of wax does that machine put on the lane.

Comment

Ha! LOL!

Right, Pat! Great idea! Permantly "oiled" lanes! Yeah, but someone'd find something to complain about THAT! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

In fact just last night, some yahoo walks up to me, and asks,

"Hey you! (I hate "hey you", I have a name) How much f***in' oil you puttin' on these g**damn lanes??"

Typical bottom-feeding trailer trash, with missing teeth, belt buckle the size of an LP record, and thinks he owns the place.

I ignored him.

Big mistake. "I'm TALKIN' to you!!"

What do you say to such an ignoramus?

It would be nice if I never had to come up front to "oil the lanes" (Our mid-sections are in such bad shape, it wouldn't matter if we WAXED 'em!).

How about dual-sided lanes with a "league shot" on one side, flip it over and ya got Tournament, or "sport shot" on the other. How would you build that into the surface??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

No more stripping, oiling, expensive lane machinery, water getting in and around the gutters from stripping every night. Man, that WOULD save the industry a ton!

Lane maintenence people'd be bummed tho'...

Doug

Comment

how about descent budjets
                        eg. wages
                        pinspotter parts
                        lane products
                        you never know it could happen...........not

Comment

Sweeps that throw the ball back at the customer who throws at them intentionally.

Comment

LOL! I'd love to see those [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

One of the most satisfying things I have done is:

One time I was at the bowl after hours on my first job away from home. I had had a couple beers and this drunk was throwing balls at a sweep that was down. There were like five balls down there. I was going to get them, I was also a little fed up too. The guy threw one at me while I was getting on the lane to get the other five balls he had thrown. I caught this ball and thew it back! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Oh what a feeling!!!!

He and his buddy threw off there lane shoes and left before I made it back up to the approach. I hung there tennis shoes up the back, I smiled every time I walked past those dirty old tennis shoes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X