Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inquiring minds wants to know about dist?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiring minds wants to know about dist?

I am going through some of the dist's we have in our center. I am curious to know how you other mech's shim your dist's on the cross beam where the two bolts bolt down the dist. I look at some of these that we have, and some are shimmed level (meaning equal number of shims per bolt) but I have been noticing while playing around that if you put no shims in the farthest back one towards the pin wheel, and shim up the front bolt...the pins roll onto the pan better, which in turn results into better feed into the bins. Am I going crazy, or did I just learn something???
    Kris Schumacher
    316 461 5598
    schu300@gmail.com

Re: Inquiring minds wants to know about dist?

whatever it takes to gettem runnin, trust me vernie knows what he's doin

Comment

than how come he fails to get it done, and everytime i make an adjustment and the machine works great for days and days, and I finally tell him about the adjustment i made, he goes back and adjusts it back to "his way" which in turn causes more machine troubles. Im not questioning his AMF skills, yes he is very talented at these machines..but I sometimes question his adjustments to dist...
      Kris Schumacher
      316 461 5598
      schu300@gmail.com

Comment

just a note
        from experience if you put shims under only the front bolt you will eventually bent the crossmember ive seen it happen

Comment

Doesn't usually take much space to move the distributor up a hair... usually the only time it needs to be shimmed is to clear the bin a bit more. If it's shimmed up so high that the support beam is bent, there's something seriously wrong...it shouldn't have to be moved that far.

We use plain steel washers, plus the original sleeve spacer... tip: wrap electrical tape around the washers and sleeve so they stay as one piece... makes it a heck of a lot easier to put in. Usually 1 or 2 is enough to pick the tip of the dizzy enough to clear the bin. Use a big screwdriver to lift up on the support, slip them under, and put the bolts back in.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

We replaced our bolts for a longer bolt with treads all the way to the head.(we removed the spacers)We then used jam nuts so to be able to adjust all the distributors the same height in relation to the bin.
            Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X