Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine not setting pins

I have a machine that periodically decides not to set a rack. Bin switch is good, Shuttle Solenoid is good. It must be a wire in my c2 plug or corresponding wire in my chassis? Anyone know right off the top of their head which pin/wire i'm looking for? I'm not at work...no schematics in front of me and I don't work for a couple of days....Just wanted a heads up before I get back to work.

kinda sad that I feel the need to check in here once in a while on my days off.

thanks

Re: Machine not setting pins

Well before wiredigging, I have a quick question for ya...

You said the binswitch is good, and the solenoid is ok...

How about the SP Relay?
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Whoops failed to mention that....SP relay is good too. Tried two different chassis on that machine.
      You can jiggle the C2 plug and get the machine to set a rack.

Comment

What exactly is the machine doing/not doing? Is the sweep waiting at 270 or is the table short stroking to respot height and returning to zero?
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Casey:

You can jiggle the C2 plug and get the machine to set a rack.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, just re-read post. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Check C2 for wires of:

--BS
          --S Relay
          --SB Cam (responsible for firing S relay at 186 degrees)

In wireway on MP machines, there is a capacitor on the BS circuit so the Chassis can read voltage better. Make sure it's there.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

If your machines have some age on them the cable from the bin switch from the wire way has a history of going out on my machines....just wire tie some 14ga wire together and crimp tool some female spade connectors and your machine will probably be fixed.

I would also replace any bad sockets/pins in the chassis plugs.

JK

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X