Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine off in mid cycle

We have a somewhat annoying problem. Ever since we went to time bowling, we have a big problem with machines going off in the middle of a cycle, right when the bowlers time is up. This usually causes a variety of occasional problems, from interlocks to the machine having 10 pins in the cups (if it was in the middle of spotting) and its waiting for that pesky 20th pin to activate the bin switch that's still idling on the plow, so it can spot. Has anybody here figured out a way to let the machine complete its cycle if it gets turned off? We have 70's w/ omega tek mk-70s & expanders.

Re: machine off in mid cycle

If ya find a little secret lemme know please. We go thru the same crap where I work. Telling desk people time and time again gets you nowhere
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

GEMIMIX,
      I have a cure for your problem,I did about 20 years ago,but the first mod I did didn't complety cure the problem! some may ask why [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
      all you do is take the wires off the M relay socket terminals 9 and 11 and put them together and the machine will finish the cycle if turned off in mid cycle! but if they keep throwing balls even after the deck light is off the machine will continue to cycle. so I had to go a step further but I haven't done any for a long time and I can't remember? find the cycle wire going to the mother board it's a orange wire coming from the c2a plug,and cut it so you can solder the ends to the m relay terminals 9-11. then the machine will only cycle when it's powered up!
      if you can't find the orange wire it's the 8th or 9th wire from the end of the mother board!
      look at your diagrams! if you can't find it let me know.
      if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

U DA MAN CRUDDIE!

JK

Comment

Thanks Dirt!
          Quick question. You say that the orange wire is to be soldered to the M relay socket terminals 9-11. Does that mean that the orange wire needs to make contact with ALL terminals 9 10 and 11? Just wanna make sure before I try this
          Thanks again for your help!
          Bob

Comment

GEMINIX,
            it's terminals 9 and 11,if I remember right it's a red and a green wire,nothing is added to terminal 10.
            one other thing if you end up getting a continuous cycle after doing this mod [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
            reverse the orange wires on 9 and 11 and it will cure it. all the chassis are not wired all the same.
            one other thing,this mod will only work on solid state chassis. if you have mp chassis,and want to stop mid cycle stops and you have amf scoring,just remove the spacer block and add a switch and the adjusting bolt to the sweep zero switch for the scoring,and run some lamp cord wire to the am&c box and hook them up to 5-6.
            now the machine won't turn off until the sweep is at zero.

Comment

Dirtman's Da MAN! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I've looked everywhere for that post about the timer thingy.

Can't remember if it was for the 8230 or '70...but we have the same problem with our '30's.

Machine shuts off in the middle of cycling, shudders to life, and promptly has a train wreck! They go out of time too easily [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] .

The post I'm referring to, said something about an aftermarket timer that allowed the machine to run for thirty seconds after the machine is shut off. Maybe it's just the backend motor that runs for :30, I again, am not sure.

Anyone remember that post? Lampie? 82/70 King? GMan?

Doug

Comment

When you purchase AMF scoring you should recive micro switch of the camra score.
                this fits onto your machine frame at the front, and contacts the sweep link (090 007 319)
                there is room for two micro switches there,
                just conect the other switch to the managers control switch and machine will contiue to run untill the sweep returns to zero.

we have them on all our machines.

Comment

Dirt, thank you very much!
                  Hey Monkeyboy, concerning the sweep microswitch, can you add jumpers to the existing microswitch instead of installing another microswitch and lever? I'm not gonna go spending all kinds of money if I don't have to. It's summertime, ya know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  Thanks!

Comment

Oooh, very nice little mods there! You guys rock! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Geminix

Depends how your scoring system works

With ACCUSCORE it would not be wise to send any current to the chassis via the camra start switch.

But if you all ready have the leaver then there should be enough room for the second switch to fit right in.

Dont have any part No's on me but i will look for them next time im in house.

Comment

STUCK,
                        I used to fix the 82-30 chassis so they wouldn't stop in mid cycle.if I can find my old wiring diagrams I will let you know! are your chassis all original with steppers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                        I started having to fix 82-30, 82-70 chassis so they wouldn't stop in mid cycle back in the mid 70's,before very many places had scoring.
                        there was a system called accu-toll that would turn machines off in mid cycle all the time.

anybody ever have this accu-drool system. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok. I tried both mods today and I must say, the best one is the added microswitch to the scoring lever (we have accu-score). It was really simple. All I had to do was add an extra microswitch (000-026-042), an additional adjusting screw (000-021-714) and nut (844-050-002) for the lever, and another spring (000-024-657). Then I wired it up to terminals 5 and 6 in the A&MC box, like monkeyboy said. It works like a charm! As soon as the sweep returns to zero, machine goes OFF. I tried the chassis mod and, unfortunately, the machine will still cycle even after the deck light goes off (if a ball is thrown).
                          To everyone that helped me learn something new with this, thank you so very much for your time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                          Bob

Comment

Hey Dirt! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Your question: "...are your chassis all original with steppers..."

Nope, 6525 conversions, open pinwheel w/toggles, chassis above the backend motor. Most tables have been changed, with the table plug moved to the ten-pin cup.

The chassis is the 8230-3000.

The fix is easy. League bowlers, PLEASE STOP BOWLING before the time runs out. The graphics on the monitor says "Stop", with a cartoon pin holding up a Stop Sign.

People just ain't payin' attention. That is, unless there's a "pit roller" they can see. "Deadwood on 8, deadwood on 8," comes the call. Pin rolling next to the tailplank...but they don't see the warning graphic. Huh-boy!

LOL

Doug

Comment

The M-relay mod seems to be about the best answer...

I have heard of another mod that will do basically the same thing, but requires more extensive rewiring... something about using a signal from TA1 and SA to drive small relays, to determine that the table and sweep are both zeroed. Somehow it's wired through both relays (similar to the little relays used on the 82-120 foul boards... maybe even the same ones) and across the control circuit at the A&MC box to hold the machine 'on' until both assemblies return to zero. The theory behind it is that when the scoring or front control switch is holding the machine 'on', the circuit has no effect, but when the front signal is lost, the circuit holds it until the sweep and table zero, at which time it drops out and allows the machine to go into a standard 'backend' time delay to fininsh feeding pins and returning balls. It was originally designed before autoscoring, to prevent counter idiots from shutting a machine off before it had finished cycling.

I've heard of it, and have an idea of how the circuit would be built, but have never seen one in operation.
                              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X