Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 sweep runs over pins

we have the one piece amf sweeps,and if there are three or more pins in one gutter with the heads of the pins facing forward the sweep runs over them and throws them back out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    we get a bunch of dead pins in front of the sweep.
    what needs to be adjusted to stop this stuff.
    we get a bunch at times. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    KEN.B

Re: 82/70 sweep runs over pins

ken, we get that a lot where I work also. The sweep height at the 5-pin line is what ya need to check. I believe it's supposed to be 1/2 an inch if my memory serves. I know where I am some are adjusted even lower than that and it still spits pins. We have some of the new sweep brackets on order that do away with the slide bar, I heard this also helps lessen deadwood calls so we're gonna try a few and see how they work. Anyway, make sure your sweep height at the 5-pin is right though. Thats the place to start! Hope this helps [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

we have the new single piece sweep hanger brackets on several machines and they do help reduce deadwood being kicked out a lot. since there is no slide bar the sweep is able to run through and sweep the pins in the gutters with a little more "down force"-you should try those it should make a big difference

Comment

TABLEJAM, thanks for the info. I've heard good things about them. I think we have 2 lanes worth or so on order. Looking forward to getting them in moreso now [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I like the nickname btw hehe [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

You need part #
          090-001-171 LH
          090-001-170 RH

The NEVER break and the slide bar assy is done away with.

JK

Comment

Those are the ones we ordered King, if you say they're good I trust ya [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the help. I'VE asked a few other mechanics and they said the newer sweep are lighter compaired to the older ones with the bars
              and that's the main reason they run over the pins more often.
              we ordered some of the newer brackets and are going to give them a try.
              KEN.B

Comment

ken, yes indeed. the new sweeps are a good bit lighter than the old style. I like them better but they did increase our deadwood calls quite a bit since they were installed. I'm hearing very good things about the new brackets so maybe they'll be our answer [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe the height adjustment calls for 5/16 clearance. I have a few lanes that are maxed out and are still way higher than that. Is the frame height off? I want to get them evened up and at the right height. When I get back working full time again, I'll be sure to have more sweep questions.
                  Charley
                  82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                  2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Farley, check to make sure the knuckle that comes out to adj the height at guard is as level as possible, if its not (as some lanes were where I work were) you wont be able to get it adjusted, it'll either stay too low or high depending on if it's up or down. Level that as best ya can then try and see if your adjustments work [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X