Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A" Mechanic certification

I am currently an assistant mechanic in a 40 lane center, and have been for approximately 5 years. I have been instructed on everything on the 82-70, but now I am just curious how I go about getting my "A" certification. I am afraid to talk to my center manager about it, because I don't want him to think that I am looking for a new job just yet. I just want to have my options open. Any information wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: "A" Mechanic certification

There are classes held by several companies for getting trained on the machines... most of the time, the 'A' mech is just a pinchaser that liked the machines, and worked his way up through the ranks to the head mechanic's spot. You'll probably find that a lot of the 'A' mechs on here don't really have an official 'certification'... they just know the equipment, take charge, and ge the job done.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G-Man has it right. If you have been there for 5 years and want to spread your wings then by all means start looking around. The industry needs good solid mechanics that love the equipment.

Comment

Please list all qualifications here and/or email them to me......I will determine if you are worthy.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

Go with Kings idea he really does know everything.

You seem to have the right screen name for a head mech. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Tell it like it is KING! Tell it like it is.

Comment

Some of us just inherited the "A" mechanic title because we care. Stick it out, A good 82-70 mech is hard to come by.
              Help me!!! My 70's have me by the nuts.

Comment

Don't get hung up on the word "Certified"..
                'Certified" &amp; "Qualified" are not the same, &amp; "certified" doesn't hold a candle against "Qualified".

The bowling industry has no Almighty
                "certification committee"( thank God),&amp; if it did,it would be a joke.
                I've seen this 'certification' stuff in other fields( logging,trucking,etc.etc. ).Folks get a little training, pass a 'test',&amp; get a 'certificate'........Then,hopefully they get what counts....experience ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                So, hang in there &amp; learn all you can. When you get to where you solve 90% of the problems,your "Qualified" ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                ( No one gets it 100%-we All need some help sometime)
                I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X