Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A" Mechanic certification

I am currently an assistant mechanic in a 40 lane center, and have been for approximately 5 years. I have been instructed on everything on the 82-70, but now I am just curious how I go about getting my "A" certification. I am afraid to talk to my center manager about it, because I don't want him to think that I am looking for a new job just yet. I just want to have my options open. Any information wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: "A" Mechanic certification

There are classes held by several companies for getting trained on the machines... most of the time, the 'A' mech is just a pinchaser that liked the machines, and worked his way up through the ranks to the head mechanic's spot. You'll probably find that a lot of the 'A' mechs on here don't really have an official 'certification'... they just know the equipment, take charge, and ge the job done.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G-Man has it right. If you have been there for 5 years and want to spread your wings then by all means start looking around. The industry needs good solid mechanics that love the equipment.

Comment

Please list all qualifications here and/or email them to me......I will determine if you are worthy.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

Go with Kings idea he really does know everything.

You seem to have the right screen name for a head mech. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Tell it like it is KING! Tell it like it is.

Comment

Some of us just inherited the "A" mechanic title because we care. Stick it out, A good 82-70 mech is hard to come by.
              Help me!!! My 70's have me by the nuts.

Comment

Don't get hung up on the word "Certified"..
                'Certified" &amp; "Qualified" are not the same, &amp; "certified" doesn't hold a candle against "Qualified".

The bowling industry has no Almighty
                "certification committee"( thank God),&amp; if it did,it would be a joke.
                I've seen this 'certification' stuff in other fields( logging,trucking,etc.etc. ).Folks get a little training, pass a 'test',&amp; get a 'certificate'........Then,hopefully they get what counts....experience ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                So, hang in there &amp; learn all you can. When you get to where you solve 90% of the problems,your "Qualified" ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                ( No one gets it 100%-we All need some help sometime)
                I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X