Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#$%!^*+ arghhhhhhhhhhhh

The front frame work that the pillow blocks supporting the table torque tube let go.

My options:

1. Replace framework
    2. Replace front assy. complete with table
    3. Take table and torque tube out and have it welded by a professional
    4. Quit and take a job cutting grass at a local country club
    5. Quit and move to Cali. and work as Deadwoods "b" tech.

Please vote and help me decide.

JK

Re: @#$%!^*+ arghhhhhhhhhhhh

If you are talking about breaking a welded seam above a pillow block, you have other options:

1. Quick and dirty -- block up the broken box beam and use threaded 3/8in rod in place of pillow block mounting bolts by drilling holes through the bottom of the wire channel.

2. Slower and not so dirty -- With box beam blocked up to close the broken weld and scoring disconnected for at least 2 pair on each side (more is better), thoroughly clean the split seam and establish a ground connection real close to the site to be repaired. Call in a professional welder.

When we had this problem, we selected option two and the results have been excellent so far.

Good Luck Roger

Comment

Well, as another option, if you know anyone with a portable MIG or stick welder...

Prop the deck on crates or blocks, drop the pillow blocks & rods.
      Cover the deck and kickbacks with plastic and a damp canvas dropcloth. Jack the crossbeam back up where it belongs (grind off any loose/broken weld first), reburn and lap the broken welds. Good as new. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

(figures... ar rar beat me to the punch. Posted his reply while I took a break to get a coffee... PRICK! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] )
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If I were you, I'd go with #4. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

But, if you wanna stay in the biz a little while longer and see what it's like serving Pizza and Coke....I think that having it welded back together should hold ya. Actually the best way would be to do Ar Rar's #1 and your #3. Or if you have a welder and are confident in your welding skills, do Gman's 1 and only + Ar Rar's #1. I'd stay away from #5, as Deadwood would work you too hard. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Man, what do I do with all these chads in my lap? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] :p

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] :p
        Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Louie:
          Man, what do I do with all these chads in my lap?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Believe me, you would know it if there were Chads in your lap. :p
          Jerry
          Welding sounds like the best bet. That happened at a center I worked at a few years ago. I rested the table on a bucket which brought the loose frame metal back up into place. Then the boss brought in some welding guy who took it from there and its been fine since. Didn't need to disassemble a damn thing, guess you may not be so lucky depending on where the separation happened.
          We also didn't have scoring, so Ar Rar's suggestions about it's safety sound pretty good.
          Or, if you choose to just arc away without isolating the scoring, I'll be glad to come out and put a Matrix system in for you...
          Lemme know
          Chad

Comment

Yep...I would go for number 4...but only if you get to play for free. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Louie:
              If I were you, I'd go with #4. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

... I'd stay away from #5, as Deadwood would work you too hard. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Louie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] :p
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the plus side, you get to learn cool Italian phrases like F-box, XLMP, VDB, @!*%$! Cameras, etc. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

Roger

Comment

Number 4 sounds the go... Set the course up just the way you like... hold on, have I got bowling and golf mixed up again?? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  The front frame work that the pillow blocks supporting the table torque tube let go.

My options:

1. Replace framework
                  2. Replace front assy. complete with table
                  3. Take table and torque tube out and have it welded by a professional
                  4. Quit and take a job cutting grass at a local country club

JK
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haven't you been doing your pm's! :p letting things slide! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  just remove the front end and get it welded!it should only take about 2 hours if you have the welder lined up! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

King,

I need more info. What's Deadwood gonna pay ya?

Comment

Any chance of a pic ?

Comment

Does Deadwood really work? Do what El Crudo says. Pull the front end and have it welded. Good luck Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:

JK
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looks like Deadwood has a new right-hand man!
                          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I have a 110 buzz box that will weld up to 100 amps. I set it on the catwalk and plug into the RS drop cord. Wallmart sells 1/16 &amp; 5/64ths. 7014 rod. I would weld a gusset where there is room. I have done many repair jobs similar to this. Needless to say, cover everything around and under with very moist large rags.
                            Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:

JK
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looks like Deadwood has a new right-hand man!
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

He is your prodigy.

JK

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X