Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBL drive belt different lengths??

Good morning all. (well it is morning here)

Can someone tell me if there is a difference in legths between the 70 and 30 PBL elevator drive belts. I was working last night in an undisclosed location and the rear roller shaft was grinding into the kickback. My first thought was that the retainer for the bearing was no longer any good so i went to change it and it was fine. It wasn't until i had a really good look and noticed that the drive belt was loose. I replaced the belt and low and behold no more grinding. Now the place i was at had 70's and 30's at one stage and i am thinking that someone might of put a drive belt from a 30 not a 70. This is not a major drama i am just very curious if there is a difference.

Peter.
    Formally Sports Central

Re: PBL drive belt different lengths??

If you are talking about the carpet drive belts that also turn the PBL lift then these are your measurements. The 30 machine used an A133 (or 133 inch) belt. The 70 machine uses an A112 (or 112 inch) belt.

Comment

Originally posted by tinpin:
      If you are talking about the carpet drive belts that also turn the PBL lift then these are your measurements. The 30 machine used an A133 (or 133 inch) belt. The 70 machine uses an A112 (or 112 inch) belt.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, tinpin, that is correct.

Be careful though...the last few orders from AMF for these A112 belts were from belts made in Korea. They are a little too long and cause the carpet to run slow due to insufficient tension. The springs on the belt tighteners (new style) couldn't even help as they were almost back to non-stretched size. I had 2 leftover belts I got from a local distributor, belts made in USA, and work great.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

for 70's there are 112 and 114 inch belts. 114's are suppose to be for pbl/humpbacks, tho 112's can be used, just can be really tight, and vice versa for 114's in some machines

Comment

Coors

Can you help me with a part number for the A-114 belt. I just replaced a PBL belt in my place and the belt that came off it was an A-114. I tried to put the A-112 belt on and struggled big time. 2 inches does make a hell of a difference. So no doubt I will need to replace the A-112 belt. Is it possible that it should be really tight? these are some questions i need answering.

Thanks

Peter
          Formally Sports Central

Comment

I think the part # is V000-022-099-AA this is a vantage part # but it is a A-114 I had the same prob. at one of the centers I take care of all of there spare belts were A-112 thay were replacing a lot of rear roller bearings and roller brackets because the belts were way to tight.I hope I was some help.

Comment

Thank you superchuck.

I shall get on the blower to my supplier as of right now. Thank you for the part number.
              I owe you a beer or two.

Thank you
              Peter
              Formally Sports Central

Comment

For all those aussie centres out there with the 70XL's or the 90's the part number for the AA-114 drive belt is 090-004-520.
                See i can be a book of knowlage.
                Cheers
                Peter.
                Formally Sports Central

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X