Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Lanes

Our Company chief mechanic is considering upgrading lanes, most probably one form of overlay. We believe that overlay will raise the lane by 12mm. Which ovbiously means we will have to raise the pit and the frames of the machine.

Can somebody please remind me of the specification regarding frame height from pin deck and the height of the pit.

We have 82-70's

Re: Upgrading Lanes

You will not have to raise anything if your sweeps and table will adjust out. I would say you are ok.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by hmmmm:
      Our Company chief mechanic is considering upgrading lanes, most probably one form of overlay. We believe that overlay will raise the lane by 12mm. Which ovbiously means we will have to raise the pit and the frames of the machine.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stupid question on my part, perhaps, but would it be possible to lower the existing lane surface by 12mm?

Comment

Thats great king.

Thats what I was hoping for. Can't see it coming off really, Suits always have big ideas. This would be a great one I admit. But not convinced by the claim they are "maintenance free lanes".

Mok, regarding taking 12mm off, thats one of the thing we got told happened. Unfortunately were in a situation where it is chinese whisper's, we only get to hear things third and fourth hand.

Comment

hmmmmm, as you raise your tables to compensate for overlay, your tables will be closer to your bins and your double shuttles will magically disappear. you have nothin to worry about, piece of cake

Comment

Dear Hmmmm:
            Murrey supplies a step by step manual with real pictures to all the center techs we do the 7/16" (12mm) overlay. I assume other companies provide the same service to the tech (or I hope they do). Ask the suppliers you are considering to supply it to you. It makes the adjustment process very easy to understand especially when you see it in pictures with step by step instructions well ahead of time.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by murreyinternational:
              Dear Hmmmm:
              Murrey supplies a step by step manual with real pictures to all the center techs we do the 7/16" (12mm) overlay. I assume other companies provide the same service to the tech (or I hope they do). Ask the suppliers you are considering to supply it to you. It makes the adjustment process very easy to understand especially when you see it in pictures with step by step instructions well ahead of time.

Bill
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHA....Brunswick just gives you a pat on the back and says good luck.

Jerry

Comment

The center that i am at now had HPL overlay done befor i took over.
                The machines only had the table and sweeps adjusted.
                But this caused some problems on a few lanes.
                Spotting cups rubbing on the shuttle, so the shuttle was raised.
                This started another problem, the shuttle was rubbinng on the bin brackets.
                Again over time the forward and backward movement caused most of the stringers to break at the front.
                I pulled out four bin assy in my first six weeks.
                WHAT FUN!
                If your frame is any less than 18 1/4 inches from the pindeck you should look into raising them.

Comment

From pindeck to sideframe of machine:
                  18 7/8 inches all the way around (7 pin front, 7 pin rear, 10 pin front, 10 pin rear). Don't know what that measures out in metric terms, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by talkintrash:
                    From pindeck to sideframe of machine:
                    18 7/8 inches all the way around (7 pin front, 7 pin rear, 10 pin front, 10 pin rear). Don't know what that measures out in metric terms, sorry.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are 25.4mm per inch; simple math takes care of the rest. (18.875 x 25.4 = 479.425mm)

Comment

The height of the pit to the pin deck is 4 3/4" measured from the 7 pin side on odd lanes and the 10 pin side on even lanes. This is for AMF machines. Brunswick A and A-2's are measured from the middle of the lane.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Many thanks for all your help

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X