Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• respotting prob.

How do you get the fingers to close/open sooner? I've got a machine that won't release the pins that it manages to respot. Respotting action occurs so late in table's travel, pins either slip through fingers or become 'hanging pins'. I've gone step by step through table adj's twice now. Couple other things to note;

can't get pawl to clear shifter cam by 1/16th, but it does go to proper section of cam.

cam follower on respot cam has a flat spot, dont always roll.

slightly bent wireway(1-7) and couple dings in the link(1-10), but no other bent pivots or binds that I am seeing.

Doesnt happen with every cycle, sometimes it works ok, but not near enough for league tomorrow.

any help plz

Re: respotting prob.

Adjust the stop bolt on the shifter link so the cells do not bottom out on the travel.....after the cells close I think it is 4 turns out.

JK

Comment

Change that cam follower..... it probably won't fix the cell problem but you don't need to damage the spot/respot cam either.

Also.... (in addition to what The King said) check the spring hanger on the respot arm and make sure it's not binding on the stud. Or that the shoulder on the stud isn't worn down. Either one will reduce the pulling strength of the two springs attached.
      -- Larry

Comment

Make sure the wireways are not binding on the cells during closing. If they are bent down they might grab or drag on the ball stud and nut. Adjust the respot rod to clear the pawl and be sure to put a drop of oil on the pawl pin to assure free movement. I agree.......change that cam follower and be sure to grease the new one and the cam.

Comment

Sounds like you may have a bent pivot stud connecting on one of the respot levers.

I know I had this and I looked and looked. Finally I took off and looked at all of the Respot Levers (070-007-623) and pivot studs. For sure one of pivot studs was bent I could not tell until I took off the respot levers to look.

This problem was there before I came to the place and was very hard to find but easy to fix and even find once I got the idea of where to look.

Best of luck.

Comment

Just a 'silly' one to toss in here... I have had problems like that caused by a loose stud on the master carb (the area of the 2/4 stringer) that caused a lot of play in the respot assembly (and caused the fingers to close both late and light. After replacing the flimsy steel clip with a 14-20 nut and tightening it up, everything returned to normal.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

have you looked at your springs going to the re spot arm [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] one may be broken,or the bracket that the springs hook up to on the frame
              one of the welds could have broken loose and the bracket is too far forward.
              if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X