Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet drive belt slipping - vantage ball lift pulley

I have been having some problems with the carpet drive belts slipping around the ball lift clutch pulley.

The pulleys are Vantage units......after looking at AMF gennie units I have determined the pulleys from Vantage do not have the proper grip in the V for the belt to grip.

This only poses a problem on Humpbacks....not with a PBL or Kicker installation.

JK

Re: Carpet drive belt slipping - vantage ball lift pulley

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
    I have been having some problems with the carpet drive belts slipping around the ball lift clutch pulley.

The pulleys are Vantage units......after looking at AMF gennie units I have determined the pulleys from Vantage do not have the proper grip in the V for the belt to grip.

This only poses a problem on Humpbacks....not with a PBL or Kicker installation.

JK
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Makes me happy that we have grippers instead!

Comment

JERRY,
      you like jerry rigging things don't you! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      try putting on some of the wide rubber bands around the inside of the pulleys [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] then put the belts back on.just don't use cheap rubber bands! you should have plenty of grip then! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Cruddie....do you have a part # for those rubber bands....070-011-???

Or should I try Staples?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

I sell them...$49.95 a box! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

EBN Services H.D pulley upgrade kit [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

just drown the carpet drive belt with "cyclo" belt dressing from "Ace". no probs after that

Comment

JERRY,
              the number you got is half right! :p
              070 011 trojan! sold at staples. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

make sure you have the right size belt for your machine there are 2 different sizes i found that out the hard way myself [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the right belt....the pulleys do not match up.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X