Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet drive belt slipping - vantage ball lift pulley

I have been having some problems with the carpet drive belts slipping around the ball lift clutch pulley.

The pulleys are Vantage units......after looking at AMF gennie units I have determined the pulleys from Vantage do not have the proper grip in the V for the belt to grip.

This only poses a problem on Humpbacks....not with a PBL or Kicker installation.

JK

Re: Carpet drive belt slipping - vantage ball lift pulley

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
    I have been having some problems with the carpet drive belts slipping around the ball lift clutch pulley.

The pulleys are Vantage units......after looking at AMF gennie units I have determined the pulleys from Vantage do not have the proper grip in the V for the belt to grip.

This only poses a problem on Humpbacks....not with a PBL or Kicker installation.

JK
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Makes me happy that we have grippers instead!

Comment

JERRY,
      you like jerry rigging things don't you! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      try putting on some of the wide rubber bands around the inside of the pulleys [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] then put the belts back on.just don't use cheap rubber bands! you should have plenty of grip then! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Cruddie....do you have a part # for those rubber bands....070-011-???

Or should I try Staples?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerry

Comment

I sell them...$49.95 a box! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

EBN Services H.D pulley upgrade kit [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

just drown the carpet drive belt with "cyclo" belt dressing from "Ace". no probs after that

Comment

JERRY,
              the number you got is half right! :p
              070 011 trojan! sold at staples. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

make sure you have the right size belt for your machine there are 2 different sizes i found that out the hard way myself [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the right belt....the pulleys do not match up.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X