Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instruct-O-Mat from Advantage

We are trying to eliminate this function from the LIU. I would have posted this in the scoring section...though the problem seems to be in the chassis' on the pinspotter. Some of you may have seen me post on Bowl-Tech, but very rarely in the AMF pinspotter sections. I am not an AMF pinspotter mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. I have 3 years on 30's, but that was in the 80's and haven't had to do much on them since then. I've probably forgotten more than I knew...LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

We installed 70's in place of 30's in a house a while back and installed Accuscore Plus in place of the AS-80's. There was an LIU tied in before we installed the new system. This was done by Fair Lanes in the 80's to help keep track of revenue and games bowled. It was not used after a new revenue tracking system was installed, so it was "turned" back on and tied into the new back office computer. When the lanes are turned on for practice in a league...6 machines actually go into instruct o mat. We can't get them to cycle until we turn practice off. We have disconnected the diodes at the front desk that are used to put them into instruct o mat. (This info came from a local mechanic) We have disconnected the counters at the front desk. The wiring still goes to the LIU which houses the Lane A boards. We can move the problem from machine to machine by moving the chassis. This is why I believe the problem exists in the chassis. Is there something I can do inside the chassis' that are giving me this headache to get them to ignore the instruct o mat signal that is coming from the LIU? I read that the signal only causes the sweep to not run even though the cushion has sent it a signal to do so. Is there a way to get around this "clamping" of the sweep run. I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Instruct-O-Mat from Advantage

I've probably forgotten more than I knew...LOL
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You probably thought you knew more then you did. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

LOL...that is very possible. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

How about an LIU that turned a bank of machines ON without warning? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Steve...

Instruct-O-Mat works by a signal being sent (from the control counter) into the chassis to a specific location in the logic circuit that controls the sweep run. On the old 5-board setup it was the #1 board, but those machines have XOPs in them if I'm not mistaken. So you'll have to probably disconnect the line that signal comesin from.

-- Larry
        -- Larry

Comment

With advantage you should be abel to set up league practice with or without pins.
          It should be in the league setup.

May be wrong. Been a while!

Comment

When you turn the scorers on for the league, look in the upper right hand corner of the screen after you do (lanes #thru#)(league##)(on) it will say what type of practice you want. Before you press Practice or Hold. Choices are NoPins, Pins, or NoPractice.

You want it to say Pins.

If it doesn't go to the league definition screen, Option 5 General Info. Go down to type of practice, press Help, select your choice, press Enter.

Now go back to the front desk and check to see if you get the pin practice.

You will have to change this setting for all your leagues that want pin practice.

Comment

What part of IA smalltwnguy? I'm in CR/Marion.
              Charley
              82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
              2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Humboldt in north central Iowa

Comment

First, what type of chassis are you dealing with.

Second, if you have isolated the problem to the pinspotter chassis by moving the problem to another machine, why are you disconnecting diodes in the manager control box?

Steve, do you mean that you have moved the problem by moving Lane A boards or the Chassis on the pinspotter?
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Mike...don't know what type of chassis' they are. They have 2 boards in them connected by a ribbon cable. I will find out as much info on the type of chassis as I can.

I posted what we had done in the order we did them. If you will notice, the removal of the diodes was first...recommended by a very good AMF mechanic. Then we moved chassis' with the idea the problem might move with the chassis. It did. Basic troubleshooting for electronics. We then moved boards within the chassis' and the problem stayed with the chassis.

Quoted from above post "Is there something I can do inside the chassis' that are giving me this headache to get them to ignore the instruct o mat signal that is coming from the LIU?" My problem is the LIU is giving some kind of signal that some chassis' are seeing and some are ignoring. This makes me believe the problem is somewhere in the chassis. Not the lane A boards or the LIU. Any help you can offer is always appreciated.

Thanks Mike...I hope this info helps us find a solution.
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

They have 2 boards in them connected by a ribbon cable. I will find out as much info on the type of chassis as I can.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SS's with Omega-Tek boards maybe?
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

The couple I saw when they were still outside in the storage units were SSes (w/ Elco connectors)with XOPs in them.
                        -- Larry

Comment

Steve --

The block diagram for the solid state chassis shows a connection from the T2 secondary to the Instructomat circuit via PC1-5. Never having worked on these puppies, that's all I know. But it seems reasonable that cutting this connection would kill the circuit from the chassis side. If you can identify the wire, it might be worth comparing one of the boxes that does instructomat with one of the ones that doesn't.

Roger

Comment

Steve....

Have you tried swapping just the boards (between a chassis that works and one that doesn't?)
                            -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
                              Then we moved chassis' with the idea the problem might move with the chassis. It did. Basic troubleshooting for electronics. We then moved boards within the chassis' and the problem stayed with the chassis.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Legend...I would say...yes.

The boards are from Creative Technologies...single board in slot 5 with a ribbon cable to a board in slot 1. Slot 2 has a little "jumper" board in it. The head mechanic told me they are XOP boards.

The Advantage screen shows practice WITH pins, so that can't be the problem. If we are asking for pins during practice...then what signal is the LIU giving to the machines to cause this?
                              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X