Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiz question

Have recently learned, (the hammer) upon two different ways to change the cycle of the machine, only using the front end. What are they? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Full procedures required!
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: quiz question

Originally posted by Alastair:
    Have recently learned, (the hammer) upon two different ways to change the cycle of the machine, only using the front end. What are they? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Full procedures required!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To change ball light's you can hold out the TA2 table cam lever, and pull out the SA cam lever very quickly so the sweep don't run to far.

I also use this when doing sweep test's. Unplug the table motor using the SA cam drop the sweep to guard and let it run, when the sweep comes back to guard you can use the table TA2 cam lever to get the sweep to run.

Mike
    Mike

Comment

TA1 and SA, and TA1 and OS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      Charley
      82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
      2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

MCSS is correct. Open TA2 and flick SA will engauge a cycle change. Ie, first to second ball, or vice verca.

Lifting TA2 while sweep is at 2nd gaurd,( waiting for 10 pins), sweep will rise to gaurd posistion, as TA2 is the trigger for this action.

Have 3 machines which dont actually do this. TA2 for some reason doesn't activate the sweep from second gaurd to zero, but TA1 does!!. So on these machines the table is just on the way back up when the sweep is just about home. Cams set up correctly. Believe its a board problem as fault follows board. How has this happened?

Well done Farley AMF as you got both procedures correct. (TA2 though?) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I did try all the combinations mentioned above And the ones mentioned in the "problem o/t month" from a few weeks ago..
          Why does it not work on my machines?
          I have MP chassis' with MarkV boards.
          Martin
          PS, the answer probably is: "because you have MP chassis' with MarkV boards"....
          Light My Lamp!
          So it goes.

Comment

Alastair, the machines that use TA1 to return the sweep to home after 2nd guard are probably 5 board SS chassis whereas the ones that use TA2 are one board conversions, the ones I'm familliar with are Omega-Tek and Creative Technologies.
            Charley
            82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
            2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

All of our machines are the the single board conversion. We run the omega-tek single board, and are in the process of upgrading, installing the expander board.
              Perhaps something has arched in the board, or possibly could be a dry joint somewhere causing this electrical fault? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

your omega boards which return the sweep to 0 on TA-1 are fine. the original omega boards returned to 0 just as the original 5 boards did. Omega changed to return on TA-2 by the 1989 version. if you look on those return on TA-1 boards, bet a $1 they were made in 1981, 1984, or possibly even 1989. manufacture year is on the back lower right hand of board.

when you send these boards in to be expander ready, they'll change it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                  I did try all the combinations mentioned above And the ones mentioned in the "problem o/t month" from a few weeks ago..
                  Why does it not work on my machines?
                  I have MP chassis' with MarkV boards.
                  Martin
                  PS, the answer probably is: "because you have MP chassis' with MarkV boards"....
                  Light My Lamp!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lampie...

I too have MPs with 9861 CT boards and none of the combos above work either. It must be limited to the SS Chassis guys or the wanna-be MPs.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thank you Kat, you made my day!
                    So it goes.

Comment

On the machines that use the TA1 to raise the sweep might be one of the first generation Omega-tec's. There is a simple conversion to change it to the TA2. It is just a matter of drilling a small hole to disable a circuit and then soldering a jumper wire to a microprocessor that will enable the TA2 to bring the sweep up. I did it to a 24 lane center I used to work at. I can send an attachment of the print to your email or you can contact Stahl's Seventy's at 952 432 2231 and ask for Jamie. He was my instructor when I went to school there. Bill
                      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I forgot to mention that this conversion is for SS chassis. Bill

Comment

Alastair; I have a pic of the updated board and a blueprint. I will scan them and explain when I get home after work. I will send them as an attachment.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X