Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this??????

According to the recomendations of MANUAL PART #:610-009-040 page 42-51 (Accucam Installation Alignment and Troubleshooting Guide), we turn the switch (on the back of the camera) into "Align" position, and make camera tuning, watching on the "SIDE", "LEFT","RIGHT" LEDs, until the "OK" LED will turn on. Then we turn the switch into "RUN" position. Questions:
    1) What should the LEDs show after turning the camera into "RUN" position (all "ON","OFF","randomly")?
    2) What should the LEDs show during the game?
    3) How can I detect where the failure is in the circuit: chassis-camera-scoring PC-operator console?
    4) At the start of the working day the camera starts to see //don't see// the pins that don't exist //exist//. After 5-7 frames the camera starts to work correctly (but on the 1-st and 2-nd lanes (the lanes through which the control wire is going) usually this is the signal that soon we'll see the problem described below).
    5) During the game the pinspotter suddenly begins to work (cycle) with a "big" delay (after a ball pass): the sweep goes down, waits for about 10 seconds and then the cycle is proceeding (no matter how many pins were hit - is this a strike or a miss). Scoring system does not show anything (i.e. does not show the amount of the pins that were hit. EVEN IF THE GAME PROCEEDS the scoring PC begins to show something like screensaver : the ball hits the pinspotter, etc.). When we switch off the scoring PC (with a switch on the back of it) and the chassis, turn the chassis on and turn on the scoring PC this problem disappears (sometimes for a whole working day, but sometimes it can appear again in 0.5- 1.5 hours of an average plaing on the lane).

Re: What is this??????

Not really sure about Accuscore cameras, but for the time delay, out Qubica system does something similar to that if the lane's IR ball sensors are out of adjustment.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Static electricity? Are your pits grounded?
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Argus:
        According to the recomendations of MANUAL PART #:610-009-040 page 42-51 (Accucam Installation Alignment and Troubleshooting Guide), we turn the switch (on the back of the camera) into "Align" position, and make camera tuning, watching on the "SIDE", "LEFT","RIGHT" LEDs, until the "OK" LED will turn on. Then we turn the switch into "RUN" position. Questions:
        1) What should the LEDs show after turning the camera into "RUN" position (all "ON","OFF","randomly")?
        2) What should the LEDs show during the game?
        3) How can I detect where the failure is in the circuit: chassis-camera-scoring PC-operator console?
        4) At the start of the working day the camera starts to see //don't see// the pins that don't exist //exist//. After 5-7 frames the camera starts to work correctly (but on the 1-st and 2-nd lanes (the lanes through which the control wire is going) usually this is the signal that soon we'll see the problem described below).
        5) During the game the pinspotter suddenly begins to work (cycle) with a "big" delay (after a ball pass): the sweep goes down, waits for about 10 seconds and then the cycle is proceeding (no matter how many pins were hit - is this a strike or a miss). Scoring system does not show anything (i.e. does not show the amount of the pins that were hit. EVEN IF THE GAME PROCEEDS the scoring PC begins to show something like screensaver : the ball hits the pinspotter, etc.). When we switch off the scoring PC (with a switch on the back of it) and the chassis, turn the chassis on and turn on the scoring PC this problem disappears (sometimes for a whole working day, but sometimes it can appear again in 0.5- 1.5 hours of an average plaing on the lane).
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1&amp;2) They're random. The LEDs are strictly used for adjustment. As a test (on the XL2000's) when you get the LEDs all to say OK place your hand in front of the lens. All the CW and CCW LEDs will light up. Quickly remove your hand and they should quickly go out and the three OK LEDs should come on. If any of them lag when switching, then you'll need to fine adjust that one side.

3) Missoring can be usually tracked to the camera alignment, or something in the pit area that's giving the camera a false image. No scoring at all is more than likely a bad connection or component, (if not a frozen CPU) Without knowing which version of Accuscore you have it's hard to tell. OR.... as Steve suggested.... a bad ground.

It would probably help if you told us what version scoring and machine you have.
        -- Larry

Comment

Actually, in response to #2, I believe they are not 'random'. I think the lights on the side are indicative of 'fault' status and counts in binary mode using the LEDs. I believe the cameras were designed to indicate potential mis-alignment status, however, they never developed the system to process that info, so it just sits in the camera.

I have never heard of the problem you have described with the camera. Post it in the AMF Scoring Tec Support website. The magician MM should be able to help you.

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVLFever:
            Actually, in response to #2, I believe they are not 'random'. I think the lights on the side are indicative of 'fault' status...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a roger. The manual we got with our system in '91 gave a brief explanation of using the lights diagnostically. The only thing I remember is that when you shift to 'run', the three lights nearest the pindeck would be off. If at a later time you found one of them on, it indicated that the system had detected a error.

RR

Comment

Originally posted by Ar Rar:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SVLFever:
              Actually, in response to #2, I believe they are not 'random'. I think the lights on the side are indicative of 'fault' status...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a roger. The manual we got with our system in '91 gave a brief explanation of using the lights diagnostically. The only thing I remember is that when you shift to 'run', the three lights nearest the pindeck would be off. If at a later time you found one of them on, it indicated that the system had detected a error.

RR
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correct.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ar Rar:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SVLFever:

RR
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correct.

JK
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">fwiw...

One of the centers I have been covering shifts in for the past two months (AccuScore Plus)had all three front LEDs ON while in run mode. But they were working fine.

The center I work out of (AccuScore XL2000) they're random and those also work fine.

The latter system was installed in 1999 and I've been through most of the manuals. But I haven't seen anything about what the LEDs do in run mode.
                -- Larry

Comment

i'm pretty sure i have a copy of what the led's do (apart from adjustment). i'll check tomorrow.

cobow [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
                  Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
                  Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Comment

before a command is recieved.
                      led's 3through 6 display the current value of the exposure interval.
                      led#1 is on if the exposure is at min or max &amp; the head pin illumination is not at the desired level (not necessarily a fault)
                      all other led's are off.

after a command is recieved
                      led #6 is on from the time the scan request is recieved from the lane chassis until the response transmission starts for ball activity on the left lane.
                      led#5 is same as led#6 for right lane.
                      led#4 is on if the last calibrate was bad on left lane.
                      led#3 the same but for right lane.

led"s 7,8,9 are on if an error condition has occured.
                      Si Senor, Derdago, Forte Lorez inaro.
                      Demainte Lorez, Demis Trux,
                      Foolacous Andens Andux.

Comment

Re: Mark's comment about solder joints....

We had a camera with such a problem. The socket on the PC board that supplies the power had a broken connection (on the top side of the board) and it caused all sorts of intermittent scoring problems. I happened to find it by accident.

It isn't an easy thing to fix either, because of how the components are arranged on the board.
                        -- Larry

Comment

Hey men, you R talking about LEDs, but what R U talking about, about "RUN" posstion or "align"?
                          and what systems do U have.
                          By the way we made extra groundings off the CPU and the camera, and the system stopped hanging up (hope it did).

Comment

Originally posted by Argus:
                            Hey men, you R talking about LEDs, but what R U talking about, about "RUN" posstion or "align"?
                            and what systems do U have.
                            By the way we made extra groundings off the CPU and the camera, and the system stopped hanging up (hope it did).
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The LEDs while in RUN mode.
                            -- Larry

Comment

Can you explain me what are the LEDs on the pin lamp (some of them are on and some of them are off). And what is the principle of a camera operation (does camera accept infrared light)?
                              ================================================== ================================================== ========
                              Ther is another question : we have a new BOSS version, but a computer does not see a bowler terminals (CPU). What can it be? We were said that we must order a cassete for a strimmer with a new version of the Accuscore (number of the old versions are below). Can we do something without that new version???

All versions that I could find :

scorer: 07.02 - 01/14/00
                              Machine interface : 00.00
                              Camera interface: 01.02
                              Bowler terminal : 00.00
                              Resources: 07.00-06/29/98
                              07.00-06/29/98
                              ------
                              BOSS NT ver. 8.1
                              ------
                              Camera:
                              CSA c 22.2 ?950 (actually i don`t know where is the number of the camera)
                              p/n 244001150
                              s/n 0493969746

PS. don`t think that i`m a bad technician in the bowling, the thing is that I'm just asking the questions that are in the bowling center where I'm working (I`m just a bowling instructor).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X