Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table motor hums

82-70's. One board chassis. Table motor will hum and not run. I have changed the motor including the gear box. Changed the 2 capacitors. Changed the chassis. No luck.
    Any ideas?

Re: table motor hums

Gonzo,
    I am assuming that you have tried to crank the motor to make sure nothing is binding.
    I would check the motor plug for burned pins or broken wire. I would do a continuity test between the plug and all connections involved.
    The plug has 3 wires:
    Black - goes to TS 22 which goes to C1 31A
    Green - goes to TS 20 which goes to capacitor 2 and C1 32 EE
    White - goes to TS1A1 which goes to C1 13L and C1 21D

If your plug is ok, I would check C1 for burned pins, or a pin pushed out of the housing at locations 31A 32 EE 13L 21D .

Mark
    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Take apart the table motor plug. There maybe a wire off that you can't see that causes this problem. I have seen it 2 times in 28 years. Let us know what you find [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with talon. Strip your table motor plug down (machine side). You'll probably find a broken wire.

Had this a couple of times myself, always looks like they just been cut.... strange.

Other way to diagnose problem is, with table at zero. connect table plug into sweep motor, if it will reach. Run table from chassis. The sweep should run . if it HMMMM's your half way there.

Comment

I have had the capacitors mislabeled......change all 4.

JK

Comment

Still have centrifugal start switch?
            Might not be closing contacts, causing motor to try and start with run windings.

Comment

Originally posted by talon1189:
              Take apart the table motor plug. There maybe a wire off that you can't see that causes this problem. I have seen it 2 times in 28 years. Let us know what you find [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also Just Plain Rotten wires in wireway.
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Thanks for all the help. It was a broken wire in the motor plug. I have to get one of those cheater plugs. I think I saw it posted somewhere that Stahl's sells them. Thanks again.

Comment

The pins/sockets on either end of the C1 can cause that too if they get worn or burnt, I would check those while you're at it to eliminate the chance of a coincodence.
                  Charley
                  82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                  2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X