Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure Pik relay problem.

Seems this one is chassis related. Last season 5&6 kept staying on and frying the relay. Hasn't happened for a while. However, it's happening on 15 & 16 now. Made a new socket per GMAN's instructions and it still chatters and sparks. Put a jumper on TB2 2&3 and it stopped so we thought it was an underground cable problem. Replaced it and no luck. What I found is that I had been turning on 15 only to test it. It stops when 15 & 16 are both on. Or if 16 is on without 15. Well, the chassis I had on 5 last year has been on 15 for a while because I was testing it which is another story, scoring related. So this chattering, sparking, frying relay problem is following chassis labled #5. What should I look to fix this in this chassis??

Charley
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Re: Sure Pik relay problem.

Drop it off the end machine!...lol

JK

Comment

lol king. Doesn't one of the relays (M2 I believe) have something to do with the ball returns up front? I remember a guy I work with telling me a story about one of the relays in the chassis causing Sure-Pik problems. Swap M and M2 maybe and see if that helps?
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
        lol king. Doesn't one of the relays (M2 I believe) have something to do with the ball returns up front? I remember a guy I work with telling me a story about one of the relays in the chassis causing Sure-Pik problems. Swap M and M2 maybe and see if that helps?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">M1....M2 is for shortened strike and 7/10 pickoff.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I thought M2 had to do with delay? The expanders have a relay for 7-10 pick off, gutter and fast strike. Those features aren't there without a conversion. Just wondering.
          Charley

Comment

Originally posted by FARLEY AMF 70/90XL:
            I thought M2 had to do with delay? The expanders have a relay for 7-10 pick off, gutter and fast strike. Those features aren't there without a conversion. Just wondering.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My post regarding the M2 was for the MP Chassis. I dunno about the setup on the SS or wanna-be MP conversions. You may be right on that.
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

OK, I dug out "BUB" (the Big Ugly Book) and looked around a bit...

A shur-pik on a '70 attaches to the AM&amp;C box, and the machines only act as a switch. The shur-pik relay is powered via the 24V transformer in the control box. The only thing going to the backend is a set of wires that complete the 24VAC circuit through the shurpik relay and the 24V transformer. No power feeds from the machine to the shurpik control box.

The AM&amp;C box attaches to the machine via the TS strip and (commonly) directly to the C2A plug. You may want to check the pins on C2A at 33-K, 34-P, 36-Y... these should be in the second row from the top of the plug... look for two 'blanks' near the center of the row. from the 'blanks', 36-Y is next to the righthand blank pin, then skip over one pin, and the next pin is 34-P, and next to that is 33-K... it's pretty hard to explain without a pic...

O O O O O O O O O O O O - Top Row
              O O O O O B B X O X X O O - Row 2
              O O O O O O O O O O O O - Row 3
              B O O O O O O O O O O O O - Bottom Row

The 3 X's should be the three of the pins that go to the AM&amp;C box... if one of those pins is burned, loose, or "pushing back" when you plug in the machine C2A, it could cause a problem like you're describing.

Also (if I remember it right), on the SS chassis it's the M relay that controls machine-off time delay, and I think M2 handles machine-on functions (pit light, T &amp; S contactor power, etc...). M2 drops out when the machine is turned off by the manager's control circuit... Since the shurpik continues to run on the time delay with the backend, the M relay and socket might be a good starting point. As to what contact set on M actually operates the shur-pik, I'm not sure.

Hope that helps a little...
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Shouldve clarified, I was talking about SS chassis's in my earlier post. Sorry [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

The "H" relay controls the off time delay on the SS chassis. It holds the 24V to keep the M relay energized after the machine's shut off.
                  -- Larry

Comment

sURPIK RELAY IS PULLED IN THROUGH M2 RELAY CONTACTS 9 AND 11. CHECK BOTTOM OF SOCKET FOR A BAD SOLDER JOINT. THEN READ FROM #9 TOC2A34P AND FROM TERM 11 TO C2A33K. THAT SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM IF YHE RELAY M2 IS GOOD.

Comment

Yeah sorry, SS chassis with omega tek. Thanks did some checking, would've corrected myself earlier on the function of M2, but i've been busy. Now I just have to see if I can fix it just in case i need that chassis someday.

Charley
                      Charley

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X