Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cups hitting bin!

In the process of going through all my tables at present. Have come across a machine were the table is set at the correct 5/16ths off pin deck height, but at zero degrees the cups are touching the bin! Table legs are also battering off the cat walks!
    Have raised up the shuttle but still get interference. What is the best solution to this problem?
    Should I raise the front part of the machine by adding in big washers to the bolts, attaching it to the kickbacks? or should I raise the table by adjusting the table post legs, then lower table with the clevis adjustment? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Whats the best way to do this?
    Are there any specific measurements for this?
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: Cups hitting bin!

Has anyone lowered the bin hanger brackets?
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I have seen guys use the countersunk washers (that are used for the cushion bolts), drill them out and put them under the bin brackets to raise the front of the bin and of course the back already has bolt holes to be raised as well.

I haven't run into this problem yet but have helped guys through this. Our symptom was the shuttle hanging up on the cups during shuttling.

Mike
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by amfpinboy:
        Has anyone lowered the bin hanger brackets?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've cut about 1/2" out from the middle of bin hanger bracket , then welded the remaining two pieces back together. Had to do this because the lanes had been resurfaced 21 times over the years and the space between the table and the shuttle became to wide , sometimes letting a second pin to " double shuttle " This was much easier than lowering the entire machine. Only had to do this to the front two brackets because the rear ones could be adjusted by lengthening the rods.

Comment

All of my machines have had the bins lowered to reduce the distance between the cups and the shuttle. We re-drilled the bracket holes and bolted them back up.
          I don't understand why you would remove a section of the bracket. That would make the bins higher and the distance between the cups and the shuttle greater. Did you add a section to the hangers?
          Did the lanes change, forcing you to re-hang the tables further up?
          &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Is your sideframe height @ 18 7/8" at all 4 corners (7 pin front, 7 pin rear, 10 pin front, 10 pin rear)?

Comment

unsure. Will measure heights next time im in.
              Cheers talkintrash! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

With a little investigation, have found that the bin had been put back together in the lower posistion. Obviosly a tech who had to change a bin part couldnt be bothered to built it together correctly and just positioned it in the lower position. Raised bin up and bobs your anty! problem solved.

Comment

Congrats, Alastair! Usually, if it's only one machine, the problem is within that machine and not with the lane/machine height relationship.

Let's all keep in mind, though, that the height of the front end unit is critical, although you do have some latitude on the specs. If a machine is too high due to years of sanding, you've got more than just table-to-shuttle issues. What about the sweep? Just lowering the bin/shuttle assembly will not do anything for the rest of the machine. The front end unit MUST be lowered once you reach 19-1/2" from the bottom of the lower frame member to the pindeck. Otherwise your problems may also include inability to lower the sweep bar sufficiently to sweep multiple pins out of the gutter, and loss of spotting hook uo front due to inability to move the table far enough back on its supports. In short, you'll run outta adjustment all over the place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X