Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Scratcher???

Hey guys! I have about 3-4 machines that all do this and I need a little help. When the dist. will be delivering the head pin, the head pin will bounce just right, and end up standing straight up in the bin...so that when the next set of pins comes around (assuming there was no strike bowled) that next head pin, pushes the first head pin ASS first into the cups, creating one hell of a table jam...Any ideas on how I can adjust or correct the bin, pin guides, or #1 bin so that this does not happen anymore....????
    Kris Schumacher
    316 461 5598
    schu300@gmail.com

Re: Head Scratcher???

Hey Swiss Miss Kris!

1. Even when shock mounts look fine, they can be shot. If the butt guide is too springy, it will bounce the butt of the pin off of it, and down vertically past the pinholders. I say, the stiffer the better.
    A couple companies make 1-piece urethane pin butt guides - those puppies do not flex and I do not have pileups or tablejams where they are installed.

2. Some folks like the idea of removing the top two rollers on the #1 tracks, and/or even drilling a new hole in the stringer and lowering the top end of the tracks. Idea being that you want the pin to slide into the bin as horizontally as possible - thus lessening the chance of it standing up.

3. Sticky/worn/loose pin holders or bent/loose shuttle tubes.

Good luck.
    Yer Pal Chad

Comment

Shuttle could be too far forward too. Check the gap at the back, I see this from time to time.
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Make sure that the distributor is extended all the way out. If it is to short the the pin goes into the #1 spot will rock and the butt will go down first. I had the same problem on one lane.

Comment

Make sure that the #1 shute roller guides are parallel to each other. If the bottom ends are wider than the upper ends, the head pin will tend to stand up as it goes into the bin.
          "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Had this fault before! Your dizzy belt is to short. Dizzy carriage is not extending all the way at the one pin due to your belt being cut to short.

HAMMER [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X