Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep adjustments

Got couple machines seems no matter what we do, they frequently throw pins out into gutters. Nothing broken, bent, obviously worn out.
    Suggestions that go beyond manual?

Re: Sweep adjustments

Get some of those 90 brackets that eliminate the slide bar, I've heard they work quite well. Got a set to try myself, just havent thrown them on yet
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

The 90 bracket saves the shock mounts too with less weight on the mount too.

JK

Comment

Get the 90 brackets they will help. Be prepaired to adjust your sweeps when you install them, they will raise your sweep.

I have my sweep's set for 3/4 clearance from the gutter's at guard, 5/16 from the pindeck at the 456 row. I use the respot cell gauge for this adjustment.

Also make sure your caps for the sweep bar are on and in good shape p/n 300-000-175.

This has helped us out.

Mike
        Mike

Comment

those 90 sweep brackets work fine at first i thought they would break if they came down on a pin but the bracket is rigid enough it moves the pin thet work fine try them and they require less parts and time to change if one craps out in league ( havent had that yet!)

Comment

Well then I guess I'll try them out.
            Amazing how it's usually little stuff like this that drive you nuts.

Comment

The new bracket does not break unlike the slide bar assembly which breaks always on Saturday night at 8pm.

JK

Comment

Take a 1/2" x 1 1/4 L" hex bolt with washers and put them in all the slides of the sweep brackets that spit out pins. This allows the sweep to NOT come up when a pin is under it allowing less pins being spit out up front toward the foul line.....and.... :p A cheap fix.........and more happy bowlers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by talon1189:
                  Take a 1/2" x 1 1/4 L" hex bolt with washers and put them in all the slides of the sweep brackets that spit out pins. This allows the sweep to NOT come up when a pin is under it allowing less pins being spit out up front toward the foul line.....and.... :p A cheap fix.........and more happy bowlers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like a big potential for snapped castings, stripped splines, and busted sweep knuckles, too.

Adjust the sweep height a bit higher and allow it to run back a hair farther. The way it was designed is that when a pin gets trapped under it in the gutter, it will run back far enough to allow the pin to slip out and back into the pit when it reaches the tailplank. If it's dragging them back, then forwar again, either the sweep height is too low and it's 'pinching' the pin and not allowing it to clear, or it's not running back far enough to let it out into the pit.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Update time. GMan's tip helped, will keep plugging away as always. Thanks again.

Comment

^^^ Besides the very interesting (and oft-times amusing) company around here, that's the kind of post that makes it worth it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm happy it worked for ya... glad to help out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Hi All

I tried Talons idea with the bolt and nut deal many years ago. 16 machines with bolt and nut and 16 machines without. To my suprise, no difference through out the center.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X