Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep & table motors?

Ok Guys heres a question for ya. I have a few machines that radomly run the sweep for no aparent reason and a few others that tsi radomly.
    I have watched these machines when this happens and I have noticed lots of sparkage in the sweep and table motors when they engage and that some have a tendancie to roll after each stop just a hair but enough to make say the sweep hit the head pin or just go right through and sweep out everything. So the question is, are these motors bad, can I rebuild them, or should I be lookin to replace these motors? Or am I lookin in the wrong place for this problem? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.
    beware of attack mechanic

Re: sweep & table motors?

Originally posted by lastritesread:
    Ok Guys heres a question for ya. I have a few machines that radomly run the sweep for no aparent reason and a few others that tsi radomly.
    I have watched these machines when this happens and I have noticed lots of sparkage in the sweep and table motors when they engage and that some have a tendancie to roll after each stop just a hair but enough to make say the sweep hit the head pin or just go right through and sweep out everything. So the question is, are these motors bad, can I rebuild them, or should I be lookin to replace these motors? Or am I lookin in the wrong place for this problem? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which motors do you have ?
    Westinghouse, GE, National ?
    The motors do have centrifugal switches that can be replaced.
    Bad motor capacitors ( in the wireway ) could also make a motor coast , or overheat.
    The sweep and table motor contactors in the chassis could be burned. The cam micro switches could be bad. What kind of condition are the C1 plugs in ? Personally, I would start swapping good motors on the machines with coasting problems to see if the problem moved with the motor. National motors have carbon plugs that act as a brake. When they get worn down, the motor will coast bad, especially on the table.
    Lastly, what is tsi ?

Mark
    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Re: sweep &amp; table motors?

my guess would be worn contacts in the chassis. if you still have the old Allen bradley relays. replace with 610-704-141

Comment

and if you have major sparkage in the motor, need new centrifical switch, or depending on what motors you have, replace with relay A-110-663-500

Comment

TSI is table sweep interlock, where the table comes down on top of the sweep while the sweep is in motion and it creates a jam up that can only be fixed by cranking table up and sweep back to zero manualy. Most of our motors are Westinghouse I believe some are different but the ones I was refering to are westing house. We did some minor cam adjustments today that seems to have at least momentarily stop the sweep hitting the head pin thing. Maybe I will start rebuilding some of the real bad ones.
          beware of attack mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by lastritesread:
            TSI is table sweep interlock, where the table comes down on top of the sweep while the sweep is in motion and it creates a jam up that can only be fixed by cranking table up and sweep back to zero manualy.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhh. Train wreck...

Interlock is controlled through TA3(TB) and SC.

If it seems like the motors are drifting, it could be the lower contacts on the contactors... the lowers control dynamic braking of the motors. The gearboxes and rotors need to be tight and not sloppy, or they'll cause drift.

Other than that, I can't help ya much... we run National motors. Never really ripped into GE/West. stuff.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Hmmm.
              You might remove the gearbox and check for worn splines on the gearbox output shaft &amp;/or sweep shaft.
              Finding that OK, you might then remove the flange from the gearbox and find wear on the ring gear or helical gears.
              You might also be able to demonstrate slack by stopping the sweep around the 4-5-6 line and pushing/pulling on the crank arm.
              Typical to cause the sweep to be slightly out of time when it stops at 1st guard, toward the back of the deck, and again at 0.

Good luck!
              Chad

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X