X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Universal Cushion Plank

I like the Vantage cushion plank.

I have never had one break.

When installing on the weldment I use 3/8 washers on the side next to the weldment so the weldment sits against the washers and plank.

Jerry

Re: Vantage Universal Cushion Plank

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
    I like the Vantage cushion plank.

I have never had one break.

When installing on the weldment I use 3/8 washers on the side next to the weldment so the weldment sits against the washers and plank.

Jerry
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good Idea my King; But with my rewelded Hockey Sticks(1/4" plus)..The problem becomes having long enough socket screws..(2 1/2" &amp; up to 4") [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] How about, rebuilding the cushion weldment(Hanger)Stronger and Longer socket screws? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

With Vantage plank the screws should work out easier.....the bottom screw is does not go through the thick part of the plank.

JK

Comment

Kinda bringing an old toppic back up... but... I really do like the universal planks.... and the one piece supercushion too! Together they're really nice. On a side note though, why the heck DO they make those tube-weldments so poorly? EVERYTHING around it is built solid but the arms the cushion mounts to. And felix... I'm curious how you can weld the arms... sure I've only seen one break, but it seems they'd break at the thinnest part... right where its been drilled through.

Comment

We got sick of the tubeweldment arms breaking off a while back, too... A combination of the design, and the fact that some of the welds look like they were done by a crosseyed demon with 3 hands makes them weaker than they need to be.

We started overwelding the factory welds and welding in reinforcement plates on the areas that commonly break, and it drove the problems from breakage way down.

One of them is a piece of 1 1/4" angle steel, about 2" long, welded to the underside of the tube and butted up against the inner side of the arm. Once that is in place, we overweld all the original welds, grind them smooth, give 'em a coat of rust-oleum black paint, and run 'em.

I've had quite a few of them that didn't actually break the steel parts... the welds let loose. After acquiring a large MIG welder to fix the problem, things got better.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X