Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The super clutch

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The super clutch

    I bought a super clutch from vantage (partnumber v610 704 004) but i have many probs to adjust. What is the beginning plz ?

  • #2
    Re: The super clutch

    I have found that they work best from the trash can. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

    JMO

    Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The super clutch

      Turn trash can lid 3/4 turn left to remove lid.

      Install super clutch in trash can.

      Problem is fixed.

      JK

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The super clutch

        I agree... put it in file 13, reinstall a good stock clutch, and avoid the problems.

        King distilled it down pretty well... I posted something to that effect on another topic a while ago, but it already recycled so I couldn't bump it up.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

        Comment


        • #6
          Re: The super clutch

          OIC... I just scrolled down the list of available topics, and it wasn't there. I didn't even think to search for the keywords in it.

          Thanx [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

          Comment


          • #7
            Re: The super clutch

            I have personally installed 4 of this type of clutch and none have survived over 60 days [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] They are trash..........The orignal has it's flaws.....but still is the best from AMF in my book.

            Comment


            • #8
              Re: The super clutch

              Well since that thread i thought i would just try them one more time. The damn thing lasted 2 days then i threw the damn thing away. They are the most terrible things to work with. I hate things getting the better of me thats why i thought "just one more time" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why did i do it. So my advice is Forget they ever existed lose the part number and hand them back to the one that created it by disposing of it to the trash can.

              Remember you are not the first and not the last THROW THEM OUT SON!!!!!

              Peter.
              Formally Sports Central

              Comment


              • #9
                Re: The super clutch

                I have a question; if you call Vantage and tell them that it doesn’t work and that you want to return it will they refund your money? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

                Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

                Comment


                • #10
                  Re: The super clutch

                  OK, so I know what an original clutch looks like, and a superclutch, and a superclutch 2... but what are the ones that look a LOT like the superclutch, but the inside of the pinion is plastic, and instead of washers for pressure... it uses a spring? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] We had 2 of these on our machies for AGES without adjusting! (chief mechanic doesnt like them since we had some distrib problems with the distribs they were on (do'oh), so they're off now )

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Re: The super clutch

                    Originally posted by Adam:
                    OK, so I know what an original clutch looks like, and a superclutch, and a superclutch 2... but what are the ones that look a LOT like the superclutch, but the inside of the pinion is plastic, and instead of washers for pressure... it uses a spring? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] We had 2 of these on our machies for AGES without adjusting! (chief mechanic doesnt like them since we had some distrib problems with the distribs they were on (do'oh), so they're off now )
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That’s AMF's version of it, probably the best of them but it still is to sensitive to adjust. Not enough surface contact area. There was one member here that sent me one of those to test after he re-engineered it (made it much better) but it still had the same issue with the small surface contact area.

                    JMO

                    Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Re: The super clutch

                      I still say the best "super clutch" would be to not have a continuously-driven clutch at all... Replace the mechanical clutch with a magnetic one. The only time the clutch would engage is when the distributor actually NEEDED to be moved.

                      I was working out the details on one a while ago, and stopped because of a lack of time to pursue it... and I really don't have the resources to do the R&amp;D on it. It could be done with NO major modifications to the machine or the distributor, and it would completely eliminiate the trouble spot of the mechanical trip arm and the stop blade. It would also eliminate frequent clutch cleaning and replacement (since it only runs when needed, there is no heat buildup from friction).

                      Replace the trip rod with a spring, attach a switch to the front of the distributor. Install a magclutch with a small cam and another switch on it. Run the power wire to the backend control box. Simple as that...no changes to the chassis, and only minor ones to the distributor. Theory of operation?

                      When a pin comes off the end of the distributor, it pushes down on the guides, activating a switch. The switch powers the magclutch, which begins it's rotation. The cam on the clutch causes it's switch to close and hold the power to the coil after the front switch drops out. The clutch rotates for 1 revolution, at which time the low spot in the cam opens it's switch, removing power to the coil.

                      If some simple electronics were added to it, the run and stop of the distributor could be adjusted for even more precise operation.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Re: The super clutch

                        Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                        I still say the best "super clutch" would be to not have a continuously-driven clutch at all... Replace the mechanical clutch with a magnetic one. The only time the clutch would engage is when the distributor actually NEEDED to be moved.

                        I was working out the details on one a while ago, and stopped because of a lack of time to pursue it... and I really don't have the resources to do the R&amp;D on it. It could be done with NO major modifications to the machine or the distributor, and it would completely eliminiate the trouble spot of the mechanical trip arm and the stop blade. It would also eliminate frequent clutch cleaning and replacement (since it only runs when needed, there is no heat buildup from friction).

                        Replace the trip rod with a spring, attach a switch to the front of the distributor. Install a magclutch with a small cam and another switch on it. Run the power wire to the backend control box. Simple as that...no changes to the chassis, and only minor ones to the distributor. Theory of operation?

                        When a pin comes off the end of the distributor, it pushes down on the guides, activating a switch. The switch powers the magclutch, which begins it's rotation. The cam on the clutch causes it's switch to close and hold the power to the coil after the front switch drops out. The clutch rotates for 1 revolution, at which time the low spot in the cam opens it's switch, removing power to the coil.

                        If some simple electronics were added to it, the run and stop of the distributor could be adjusted for even more precise operation.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">G, we have one in R&amp;D, Peanut is testing it for me. JCP had one at the East Coast Convention that was very simular but they wanted $600.00 plus for it. If I decide to do this it will be around $350.00 Will keep every one updated.

                        Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Re: The super clutch

                          A wise man once said do not make the cure worse than the problem.

                          So what happens if a Mag clutch fails.......what is a pinchaser to do?......if the spring comes loose I have the tension wrote on the cam with a sharpie marker.....I can clean 16 clutches and lube in 90 minutes......3 times a year.....

                          JK

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Re: The super clutch

                            Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            A wise man once said do not make the cure worse than the problem.

                            So what happens if a Mag clutch fails.......what is a pinchaser to do?......if the spring comes loose I have the tension wrote on the cam with a sharpie marker.....I can clean 16 clutches and lube in 90 minutes......3 times a year.....

                            JK
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Think about this one... unplug 1 connector, remove 1 nut, install spare magclutch, tighten nut, plug in connector, start machine. No adjustment necessary.

                            I'm glad your machines are that good with clutches... at the speeds our backends run, 2 months is about all we get out of a clutch cleaning... 3 if we're lucky.

                            Just judging from other 'industrial' magnetic clutches of about the same size and usage, I figure they would have a life expectancy on the machine of 4-5 years or more. They're that reliable.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

                            Comment

                            Topic Starter RibbonScript

                            Collapse

                            Adsense Classic 2

                            Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                             

                            Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

                            I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...
                             

                            Strange sweep problem

                            I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...
                             

                            GSX Distributor shaft bearings

                            Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

                            2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...
                             

                            The Legacy of the A2

                            I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...
                             

                            Table turning on short stroke.

                            Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                             

                            Another pivot bearing broke.

                            One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X