Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table won't go

We had school bowing start today, what fun! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] . The busiest time of the year. There are no tech people at the place for these sessions. Here is what our lane 8 did today:

I guess that a pin was stuck in the table the motor over heated and kicked off. The spot sylinoid got very hot! At this point the owner said lets wait for Pat.

When I arrived I reset the motor, it humms and kicks off. So I got the spare and tested it on the sweep plug and it went. I then tested it on the table plug and it started fine. Next I swapped the gear boxes (Westinghouse the good ones!) The table worked one time. Then it would not go and would kick off the overload. League starts in 25 min.

I ran through checking for problem nothing obvious and tested the 1st gearbox on another lane and it worked fine. I then decided to go back to orriginal. It worked fine for three run thoughs. Then I cycled and spotted pins. Fine.

I turned it off and started it for league and no soap. Same thing.

Here is all that I have looked at so far:

Gear box is fine on other lanes

Chassis is fine Traded and swaped back to orrigiinal "B" chassis are very tempramental.

Checked my plugs and none of the wires are burned that I can see.

I checked my capacitors and they are fine

The table is not binding that I can tell and it work intermitently

What next? Thanks for the help guys!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Table won't go

It is a capacitor.....replace all 4......I had this problem but with a sweep a couple months ago......the capacitors were mis-marked.

JK

Comment

Thanks for the quick response King. I will look at that in the Morning. I appreciate the help.

Bowl good this week! I like the stories and seeing the scores! My Brother in Law shot a 297 at a 6 lane house today!

Comment

Pat; How about the little blue or green resistor?(In the wireway next to the capacitors) Also, the backend circuit breaker is tied into the spot solenoid.(Which will; usually make the spot solenoid chatter.) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Got it. Boy was this one tough to find. I thought it was a cap and looked at everything I could think of. What it was, was a broken ground wire in the notor plug.

It was broken but would make contact intermitently and that is what was throwing me so much.

Thanks for the help guys.

Remember always start at the easiest place and work form there. I wish I would have torn that plug apart earlier in this process.

Comment

It was broken but would make contact intermitently and that is what was throwing me so much.[/QB]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And that is the most insidious of machine problems! I'm glad you were able to find it!

It'd be great if that sort of problem would simply burn a fuse or throw a breaker or open a thermal overload or something - while it would stop bowling on that lane it would give you a hint about troubleshooting the problem. And let's face it, the bowlers on that lane would probably have more problems because of it anyway.

I'll guess that that's the idea behind all the fuses in the Creative Tech chassis. The fuse will burn and alert you to the problem before it hurts other components. Simply replacing the fuse is wrong - finding what burned the fuse is the key long-term!

C

Comment

Loose or broken wires can cause more problems than anything else. Will make motors, solenoids, etc. etc. run hotter. Don't overlook the simple stuff if you are stumped, think it through and look!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X