Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90XL chassis question

hi,

our new center has set up 90XL machines and the instruction manual we have and the one available for download from AMF.com has only a different chassis.

i was wondering if anyone could point us to perhaps an online one that is available. just to let you know, our chassis are the light coloured ones with AMF written on the top and 2 LCD screens with 6 buttons underneath each.

Thanks.

Re: 82-90XL chassis question

Sorry I don't have the info you need just yet. . .I will try to find out for you. In the meantime, I am curious:
    Are your machines reworked 90's? How long ago were they installed? I have the 90XL (not 82/90XL) chassis', the latest production. They are black with no screen.

Comment

Where in Chicago are you Bowlequip? I'd love to see those sometime.
      Charley
      82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
      2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Farley, there are 82/90XLs in Stuart, Iowa and in a hotel in Perry, Iowa.

Comment

BowlEquip,

The machines we have were installed the last few weeks. apparently they have only been running for two years total from some korean joint. just a few questions if you dont mind... how can you tell if they are reworked 90's, and what is the difference between the 8290XL and 90XL chassis?? our chassis actually say '8290 chassis' on the side.

Comment

actually i found one picture on the internet that looks the same as our machines. maybe this can help explain better than me

Comment

I was wanting to see 90XL machines, I guess no big deal if there's not much difference between 82-90XL's, but it would also give me a reason to hang out in Chi-town again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
              Charley
              82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
              2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

The 90XL's have bigger pinwheel guards. The guard is round only on the common side, with the top of the guard going straight across all the way to the chassis. Can't see anything when standing behind the machine at the chassis.

The chassis is narrower than yours, with a single control keyboard in the center (you have to designate ODD or EVEN), and it's black. No lockouts.

All 90XL's have been produced since the introduction of the steel table. I think they all have steel sweep links, also.

Farley: E-mail me and let me know if you are the person I think you are. Did you work in Downtown Chicago a few years back?

Comment

BowlEquip, thankyou for your informative posts. while reading them i went *click* and just realised that the 90XL is not just the common abbreviation for the 8290XL, and they are in fact different machines. oh well, we have 8290XL's, i guess they will have to do [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] (p.s. we were running 8230's a few months ago)

Comment

Hey, Mc: there are features on your machines I'd love to live with. I envy the fact that you can see over your pinwheel guard, while I need a step ladder. Your chassis have left and right controls, mine have only one set for both. Your chassis' have table and sweep turn-off switches (I think?), mine don't. Your LCD display and my led lights run about neck-'n'-neck. . .I'm getting used to them for diagnostic purposes.
                    But for both of us, you just gotta love that front wireway that's empty enough to store a set of tools in. Right, Mreesr?

Comment

There's also one other difference in the chassis. The 90xl chassis runs off of 230 volts as opposed to the one on the 8290xl that runs off of 115 volts.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X