Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike cycle 1st ball cycle

Ok, 82-70 machines with Omega-tek MK70 boards... one lane has a *WEIRD* problem with sticking between cycles. After a strike is thrown SOMETIMES it will go through the normal strike cycle, but will not spot pins, instead, the masking unit just starts showing the first ball light ON (while strike light is still on). this is not chassis related, but may be something strange that the chassis doesnt understand.... really weird, sometimes it wont do it for a month, other times it will do it 7 times in ONE LEAGUE! Any ideas?

Re: Strike cycle 1st ball cycle

If the machine goes to first ball after a strike cycle, then you can rule out a ground problem in the fingers.
    I would firstly look at the spot relay to be faulty, in the chassis. Or the spot solonoid itself not engauging, so the table would only run down to re-spot position and the shuttle would also not be activated.
    Also check the table cam microswitches. TA2 in particular. Ensure switch isn't sticking, and also ensure that cam is correctly adjusted. If TA2 is out of adjustment, then the sweep will run to 270 degrees, and NOT stop at second gaurd, carring on back to zero.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

could be the spot relay socket as well. Try gently twisting the relay in the socket to see if you either get spot back or loose it. If it changes when doing this, just replace the socket.
      Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Sorry I wasnt very clear, it was late at night when I posted. The table DOES NOT move... the machine looks exactly like its waiting for a 9 pin, but never moves even if there is a 9 pin in the bin because the chassis switches over to first ball cycle (while still showing strike on the chassis, so you look at the mask and it shows the first ball AND strike lights on). Its a VERY strange thing... we've tried different chassis on there, and the same thing happens.

Comment

If TBL cam adj doesn't fix it try changing the 9 bin microswitch. Just a guess.

Comment

TA2

Comment

Yes....TA2 !!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X