Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball sensor

we`ve got rebuild 70`s installed 2 years ago,with the pbl`s en the ball sensor system,even when adjusted properly(as in the manual) we`ve got many problems with balls coming through, especcialy the light ones, 7,8..10 pounds,has anyone of you guy`s got a suggestion or an other way to adjust?????????????excuse me for my poor english,I`m from the Netherlands.

Re: ball sensor

Hi Sven,

- Make the swing of the paddle as big as possible(and in center)
    - be sure the ball lift isn't too low
    - use a less strong spring in the rachet assy'
    - is the carpet not curled at the ball door?
    - are the liners in place on the lift arm?

Good luck

Martin
    So it goes.

Comment

Hi,

What type of problems are you having?
      Pins in the door or what?
      Your problem could be in the ball lift area instead.
      I Need more information

Comment

Lampie is very correct! Light balls may not enter the door correctly if the PBL is too low! This can be adjusted by the PBL stop. (Just lengthen the stop to cure this.)The balls may try to enter but will only go half way!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Also check that your lift arm (if you have a ratchet assembly) is set correctly. Remember the manual is just a guide to setting them up! Ensure your lift arm will lift 16Lb balls and 6lbs balls at the same time! Even just half a turn on the rod will make all the difference! Also make sure the ratchet doesnt make a big clunking sound, if so it is a good indication that it is not set up correctly.

If the balls are ideling between the paddle, make sure that the belt tensior is built the correct way round, also ensure that the correct spring is placed apon the long rod attached to the tensioner, as this can cause problems. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Sven,

Please describe what you're seeing. PBL & LBS problems are easy to fix if you know what to look for. It isn't a guessing game as with the kicker system.

Comment

Hi guys,the exact problem is the paddle swings out the 6,7..9p balls,heavier balls are no problem,they let the sensor cams do their work,but the light balls are swinged out just like the paddle swings out pins,it takes ages before they`re finally return to the front,thnx for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
              Hi Sven,

- Make the swing of the paddle as big as possible(and in center)

Martin
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think this is your problem.
              Adjust the rudder arm/paddle with a little tension opposit the direction it's going;
              the rudder arm allways has a little play, due to that heavy balls will push the paddle more to the outside than the light balls... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              Sterkte,
              groeten Martin
              So it goes.

Comment

In addition to the ball sensor adjustments, there could be a problem with your light ball sensor if it is swatting away the light balls and not the heavy ones. Here's a few tidbits of advice:
                1. Make sure that the assembly that holds the 2 rudder cams is not cracked.
                2. The cam follower at the bottom of the rudder cams might need an adjustment. You can stick washers underneath the cam follower to obtain the right height (high enough to block movement when the cam is engaged but low enough so that it can move when the rudder cam is disengaged).
                3. If all else fails, pull the ball sensor out of the machine. Clean it off with degreaser (brake parts cleaner) of your choice. Check for signs of wear. Remove the spring (which might expose a crack not visible to the human eye). Also check the trip cam followers by moving them around - make sure that they can move trouble free.
                4. Adjusting the movement of the ball sensor, just remember that the rudder arm is used for balance and the crank plate is used for the throw adjustment (how far you want it to go from side to side).
                Hope you fix your problem.

Comment

You can also try a speed reducing pulley from Lifelong or Vantege. I have them on my machines and no problem with light balls, but I also have rudder shocks instead of the LBS.
                  Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

At one center I worked at we had smaller clutch pulleys on the ball lift(3 1/2"?). This causes the ball lift to turn faster and the sensor to move back and forth faster I believe. The 5 inch clutch pulleys will slow everything down.

Pete

Comment

hi guys thnx to all for your replies,we made the swing as big as possible and in combination with a less tense ratchetspring it works out fine,thnx!!!!!Before this I took out the sensor,cleaned it checked it for worn out parts,Gts. Sven.

Comment

There's 1 other thing that I just thought of &amp; I'm surprised that it wasn't already mentioned:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER LUBE THE LBS!

If you do you might as well plan on spending all your time chasing ball calls. Lube the cam follower &amp; the rudder pivot but that's all.

Comment

Dutch is right on the nut about lubrication.
                          On our regular 5-year pull-'em and rebuild-'em interval for LBS, I always replaced the low power cam. That's the long piece on which the two power cams rest when engaged. This part, when worn even slightly, could hold the cam follower enough to push out light balls. So can a spring that's too tight.
                          By the same token, worn power cams will cause the sensor to have trouble pushing out a pin with a ball or two behind it.

Comment

Was royally too hastey in my post. Sorry.

The crank plate adjustment, will solve the light ball entrance problem. (as stated above)

I too have had pulleys off vantage, (only two pairs of lanes left now), that the pulley is too small. This makes the paddle travel at riddicules speeds from left to right. Glad too hear that someone else has experianced this! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                            Replaced PBL pulley and all is well.
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Good to hear that you fixed the problem!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X