Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Rig #69

The 1/4 inch bolt that affixes the shuttle strap to the shuttle stringer broke on lane #10 tonight during league......it was the outside of the #7 pinholder.......I removed the broken bolt and used a wiretie to keep the shuttle stinger together.....it ran the rest of the league flawlessly.

JK

Re: Jerry Rig #69

"Zippies" are good for anything, aren't they?

We once used a couple of the big 36" ties to hold the front end and grille on a Buick Regal... they held up better than the original bolts!

The fix-all tool kit... a hammer, prybar, pliers, duct tape, baling wire, and zip ties. Add a couple cans of spraypaint, and you have a full-service garage. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
      "Zippies" are good for anything, aren't they?

We once used a couple of the big 36" ties to hold the front end and grille on a Buick Regal... they held up better than the original bolts!

The fix-all tool kit... a hammer, prybar, pliers, duct tape, baling wire, and zip ties. Add a couple cans of spraypaint, and you have a full-service garage. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny....

I'm holding up what's left of my Aerostar's front bumper with wire ties.

Be sure though that you have wire ties in all the colors so that folks will know that this was the work of a professional. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      -- Larry

Comment

Have a back board in my centre which is held up by "zippies" (cable ties) and various pieces of wire. The machine has migrated into the wall, and cannot get into the side of the machine to re-attach the back-board bracket. Needless to say the bracket is held in place with nuts and bolts, not your normal screw fixture
        Cant wait to strip lanes 1 and 2 down and move them across for room to do this repair!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

all my solenoids are with zippies..it's easier then the grrrr :-) little screws

Don J

Comment

Hey Larry, how many miles on the aerostar?? my 93 has140,000 in winters' salt!!!!

zip ties' - tagging your deer, holding up the deck lift shaft when changing 'cause the only other one in the building is a 4' 10" young lady, holding B- electrical box to the cross shaft when having no U-bolts,fixing pinball wizard!!!!

jeff

Comment

My best zip tie use yet was when the sheet metal bracket that tensions the pin gate spring on a "B" machine sheet the bed in the middle of a league. Zip tie with a screw loop over the spring, around the interlock shaft and bingo, pin gate works again. Was still going strong when the new part came in several weeks later (if part didn't show up, I woulda forgot it was in there) Another good piece for the potato masher quick fix kit. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Mr. King, I find it hard to believe that you installed a zip tie during a league and it held all night. Not that a zip tie wouldnt hold, but that you installed it.lol (see work hours post dec 15 2003) never work past 5pm mon 3pm rest of the time. Must have been the ghost of Jerry past. Happy Holidays.
                Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

A-2:
                  Restricted drop bracket top mounting bolt broke during league. Large cushion facing zippie held it through the shift.

When I floss my teeth with the tiny ones, I get a buzz. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by gw407:
                    Mr. King, I find it hard to believe that you installed a zip tie during a league and it held all night. Not that a zip tie wouldnt hold, but that you installed it.lol (see work hours post dec 15 2003) never work past 5pm mon 3pm rest of the time. Must have been the ghost of Jerry past. Happy Holidays.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was bowling league.......in a hurry.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by jkacala:
                      Hey Larry, how many miles on the aerostar?? my 93 has140,000 in winters' salt!!!!

zip ties' - tagging your deer, holding up the deck lift shaft when changing 'cause the only other one in the building is a 4' 10" young lady, holding B- electrical box to the cross shaft when having no U-bolts,fixing pinball wizard!!!!

jeff
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know this is the AMF forum, but I have to know...Zip Ties and Pinball Wizard...I'm guessing Bracket Problems?? And where and how?
                      Become an organ donor...you never know who's life you are going to save.

Comment

Originally posted by jkacala:
                        Hey Larry, how many miles on the aerostar?? my 93 has140,000 in winters' salt!!!

jeff
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My '91 has 154K on it. About 60K of it coming the last two years. I commute about 37 miles each way to work which creates most of it.
                        -- Larry

Comment

Larry...where do you live? I only have to go 26 and I thought that was bad.
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

This new house offered me 12G a year raise, thats why I'm driving 45 miles each way. Oil changes sure come up fast.
                            Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
                              Larry...where do you live? I only have to go 26 and I thought that was bad.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">(this may be a bit late but.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] )

Steve.... I live near 95th Ave and West Camelback. The new hockey arena is just 1.5 mi. up the Loop 101 from me.
                              -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X